The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

420A What exactly do I need to turbo my 420a

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your definitely right it's not the way it should be done. And ms is costly and hard to wire up for a rookie mechanic. You can get an afx ecu with better timing maps and tune. Yet again not the best way to go. I haven't read alot on it but I heard the neon guys are getting flashable ecu's programmed for their set ups.

The AFX ecus are a scam. I got one and there's no gains. Search for the thread I did a review. If you want to be serious go MS. I wish I went MS, with the money I spent on AFX I could've had a real tunable thing.

The AFX ecus are a scam. I got one and there's no gains. Search for the thread I did a review. If you want to be serious go MS. I wish I went MS, with the money I spent on AFX I could've had a real tunable thing.

Stop saying it's a scam boost. Unless you have dyno sheets to prove there is a loss in power or a track slip your just talking out your ass. No doubt ms is the way to go but sadly you didn't. It's not fair to claim such things with out evidence.

Okay, so I've been searching the forums for about an hour now and can't find the info I need. My question is what Exactly do I need to turbo my 420a. I did a dry compression test and its 120 across the board haven't done wet test but the numbers were 120 even. So I am under the assumption the motor is good doesn't leak or burn. It's a 5 spd and I run full synthetic aside from that ideally after its said and done I want to run about 20psi after I build the block and head up. For right now I would be content with 5-10 psi of boost my question is what fuel mods do I need. I have an idea of what I need A/f gauge, boost gauge, 210 plh fuelpump, 10 gauge rewire. Now do I NEED injectors fuel pump and all that stuff or would a turbo kit, new exhaust, FMIC, boost controller and boost gauge be enough?
We don't allow requests for shopping lists here. The information is in the forums--put in the legwork and do the research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back