The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

*Tuning with MAFT* newbie

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinclair159

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Taylor, Michigan
just got my new FMIC and maft installed and the cars runs but obviously theres gunna be some tunning involved with the translator... The car runs alright but sputters a little bit and dies sometime wen pressing in the clutch coming out of a gear and slowing down.. now i kno i need a logger but thats were the problem is... i went to charge my palm IIIc the other night to get it ready to log and i think i fried it... so is there any kind of settings i could run right now just to allow me to run a little bit better until i find another logger... i have basic mods that u guys could check out in my profile??? any help is apreciated... thanks guys :cool:

Did you set the translator correctly, to 3" or 3.5" whichever you got, blowthrough, injector size, etc?

yeah to the best of my knowledge i set it right.. 0 for and 0 for 3" gm maft and then 0 i think for stock 450 injectors... i just wanted to know if there were any other changes i could make without my logger for now to get it to run a lil better..

base knob needs to be set to #2 for - 450cc injectors

and if your using the 3" maf, dip switches 1 and 2 are off ( pointing down)

once thats all correct see how it runs then, u can play around with the idle knob a bit to help your idle out, good luck:dsm:

yeah u got it, aux stays at zero, base is 2.

also on the 4 dip switches, the 4th switch i would leave (off)"pointing down" that will keep u in the MAF mode, alittle more user friendly for newbs to the maft.

If you got a new MAFT then disregaurd this, but if you have an older unit (like ver. 1.3) The settings will be different for your base. But if it is a newer one (2.X or such) than use those settings (Base #2). I am still dialing mine in but I am very impressed as to how well the driveability is. Kudos for GM and making good universal air metering parts ie. MAF sensors and Map sensors :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back