The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

ECMlink Tuning/Rolling anti-lag

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonGST

Proven Member
Aug 24, 2016
Columbia, Missouri
Hey all, hoping for some insight here.
So, recently got my car back up and running. Runs great drives great other than turbo lag which is why I've been messing with ALS. Little background for anyone reading this, I do have the clutch switch mod done, ECMlink v3 does see the clutch switch go from 1 (Foot off clutch) to 0 (Clutch pushed in). I now hooked up a momentary switch to the clutch switch, finger off this button you see 1 for the value if the clutch switch and held down you see 0, so great that works. Currently have launch control at 5500, ALS set to come on at 5200, 6* ATDC and 5% enrichment. Speed < is set too 5mph, Use Clutch Cut with Speed >= set to 30mph. So from my understanding, with these settings Link is watching for the Clutch switch to activate anti-lag above 30mph. Testing this on the street, at idle using antilag works great, does exactly what it should, pops and bangs and builds 12lbs. When rolling above 30mph probably around 55 when I tried this, I touch my momentary switch right at my 5200 ALS, the car does seem to stall some like your brake boosting, builds only around 4-5psi no pops and bangs. I recently watched a guy on youtube that had this working properly and I was curious if its something in the settings that is stopping this from working properly or if it could be something else. Hoping someone will come along with some hands on knowledge with getting rolling anti-lag set up. Thanks in advance for anyone who can contribute!

the original setting in link is 10.1 ATDC and your at 6
so why don't you try 8 and see how that does, then dial it up or down 1 degree if the spool isn't what you want.

That's something I considered as well, but since it worked great at idle using anti-lag, I figured if it was working properly it should work the same from a roll. So I was thinking I had something set up wrong since its not popping or anything from a roll. But, I will try that on the way to work today to make sure its not just needing more timing pulled

I don't know if 5% increase in fuel is enough, you may have to bump that up also. I think I have used 10-12 before when messing with it but it has been a while.

I tried 10* on the way to work, it still just acts like a stall trying to roll into it, at an idle it also pops real big one time then just sounds like 2step does build 13-14psi though. I will add a little fuel and see how it likes that. But as far as the rolling anti lag goes, has anyone set it up before? I’m really thinking I have a setting wrong or something. Thanks for the input so far guys, really trying to dial it in. I can also take a video of 2 step at idle and rolling so you can see what she’s doing if need be

I don't believe you can do rolling anti-lag on ecmlink. I think you'd need a wireless throttle body or least setup some kind of switch system.

I don't believe you can do rolling anti-lag on ecmlink. I think you'd need a wireless throttle body or least setup some kind of switch system.
I think you can. I follow a guy on YouTube with ECMLink, GabeOrtega, and he has rolling antilag setup. Maybe its more complicated than that...but his car isn't extravagant as far as his build goes. (Seems to be the guy the OP mentions on YouTube)

Last edited:
I think you can. I follow a guy on YouTube with ECMLink, GabeOrtega, and he has rolling antilag setup. Maybe its more complicated than that...but his car isn't extravagant as far as his build goes. (Seems to be the guy the OP mentions on YouTube)
That’s exactly who I meant LOL, I actually talked to him a little on his settings for antilag. He has his on the wiper switch though. I do have my momentary switch up and going. I’m thinking it’s a setting I don’t have right. I know you have to have als between shifts checked before the ecu will even use the clutch switch input. Then in the rpm tab there is a clutch cut rpm setting, I had that set to my rev limit of 8k, I’m wondering if I just need to drop that to where I have my antilag set to come in at. I will try it after work and give an update

He has his on the wiper switch though.
I could be wrong since I have never played it on ECMLink. But it sounds like you are getting only fuel cut while rolling, so perhaps your way wouldn't work or you didn't meet some of parameters you set in the ALS tab, likely the TPS% wasn't met or so.
I haven't seen the video, but isn't the guy just using the secondary maps as anti lag maps and switching by the wiper switch?

I could be wrong since I have never played it on ECMLink. But it sounds like you are getting only fuel cut while rolling, so perhaps your way wouldn't work or you didn't meet some of parameters you set in the ALS tab, likely the TPS% wasn't met or so.
I haven't seen the video, but isn't the guy just using the secondary maps as anti lag maps and switching by the wiper switch?
I checked all the settings to make sure I'm punching the throttle and holding the button when I should. On switching maps that I'm not sure I didn't know you could switch maps with a switch like that on dsmlink, I will do some research on it though, thank you! I'll continue to work on this until I get it working and update this thread with my solution. In the meantime if anyone else happens across this and know something, please chime in!

I checked all the settings to make sure I'm punching the throttle and holding the button when I should. On switching maps that I'm not sure I didn't know you could switch maps with a switch like that on dsmlink, I will do some research on it though, thank you! I'll continue to work on this until I get it working and update this thread with my solution. In the meantime if anyone else happens across this and know something, please chime in!
Please refer the link below. The idea is the same.
https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/help-nitrous-setup-with-ecmlink-v3-full.532566/#post-153788837
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Update on this, turns out it was working the whole time but I didn’t hit the button at the right time 😂. So I have antilag coming in at 4700rpm and 2 step set to 5500. I was mashing the gas and button at 4700. I tried this at 54-5500rpm last night and boom, spooled 17lbs, pops and bangs for days, let off the momentary switch and it takes off. Rolling anti-lag success 👍. I’ll post a picture of my settings and also a video if anyone is interested, thanks for all the input guys!

I am super interested in this, can you please provide all your final settings or just post up a log, that would be best really.

Thanks
Yeah absolutely, next time I can get the car out (hopefully in the next day or two, when its not flurrying outside) I'll get a log and post it up!

I am super interested in this, can you please provide all your final settings or just post up a log, that would be best really.

Thanks
Heres that log for ya! I forgot I got a new laptop and need to get all my pins reassigned and what not but around 23 seconds in you se the clutch switch go from 1 to 0 and thats when I hit the momentary switch and mash the throttle. Any questions just ask!

Attachments

• RollingAntiLag3rdGear.elg
    39.7 KB · Views: 110
Dude I have been reviewing the log, I see a lot of things I LOVE!! This could be a straight game changer for those nights in Mexico. Thanks a ton, this is super sweet, I had a misconception on how it would work, but it all makes sense.
Rev limiter - 8k - check
Launch RPM - Less than 5mph @5k Check
Enable NLTS - Check - Clutch cut rev limit 5,550rpm
ALS Tab:
This is key here, you need to have the use launch control RPM less than the 5,500 NLTS or it would just stop there instead.
Less than speed needs to be higher than the MPH your launch control shuts off, your is 2, ideally it should be 5 to match I would probably go about 5 over to be honest.
Use clutch cut speed > just needs to be low enough for what ever MPH you are trying to start ALS while rolling, 25mph is perfect setting, unless you are into 1st gear roll racing

And if I get this right you just have taped into the clutch switch wiring and run a second momentary switch in conjunction with the OEM one.

You launched at 30psi.. LOL, a little to aggressive but I get the point. It only took 1 second for the car to get up to that boost before you roll launched.

I will be excited to try this. I love still learning about these cars.

There's more to true antilag then just a secondary rev limiter, you have to have a way to pump air into the engine.

Dude I have been reviewing the log, I see a lot of things I LOVE!! This could be a straight game changer for those nights in Mexico. Thanks a ton, this is super sweet, I had a misconception on how it would work, but it all makes sense.
Rev limiter - 8k - check
Launch RPM - Less than 5mph @5k Check
Enable NLTS - Check - Clutch cut rev limit 5,550rpm
ALS Tab:
This is key here, you need to have the use launch control RPM less than the 5,500 NLTS or it would just stop there instead.
Less than speed needs to be higher than the MPH your launch control shuts off, your is 2, ideally it should be 5 to match I would probably go about 5 over to be honest.
Use clutch cut speed > just needs to be low enough for what ever MPH you are trying to start ALS while rolling, 25mph is perfect setting, unless you are into 1st gear roll racing

And if I get this right you just have taped into the clutch switch wiring and run a second momentary switch in conjunction with the OEM one.

You launched at 30psi.. LOL, a little to aggressive but I get the point. It only took 1 second for the car to get up to that boost before you roll launched.

I will be excited to try this. I love still learning about these cars.
Yeah I do still have some dialing in to do of my settings to clean it up, but yes on the switch its just a 2 wire switch, one tapped into each wire for the stock clutch switch. And while holding the switch with these settings im only seeing around 12-16psi, but the second I let off the switch I'm 30+ and it just takes off and feels great

I'm missing the purpose/design of the extra switch needed here. Can anyone dumb it down for me?
So the purpose of the switch is to be rolling, say around 50mph, and be able to hold the button which makes the ecu think the clutch is in and activates antilag. But the clutch is still engaged. You hold the switch, mash the throttle at your target antilag start rpm , build boost, release switch and take off :)

So you don't push the clutch in at all, you just hold the switch? I guess maybe I don't know what rolling anti lag is actually haha. I thought it was the same process as launching only with the car moving.
Yeah exactly you just hold the button. If you were to clutch in, press the throttle to start antilag and release the clutch like launching from a dead stop that’s more like clutch kicking for drifting. I think that would blow the tires off trying to do that from a roll 😂. In the car it basically feels like a stall when I hold the switch and hit the throttle, since it’s retarding timing to build boost. Super smooth transition into power once released

I got around to doing this last night. OH MY, this mod is so bad ass, my whole car went instantly side ways burning through 2nd when launching at 30psi at like 50 mph. This is a complete racing game changer. My settings were all the same as the OP and J1011854 except I dialed the "hold timing at" down to 5* in an attempt to lower launch boost. I will also confirm that it only takes about 1 - 1.5 second to come up on boost.

As for the momentary switch, I am literally just using the clutch pedal itself, you just have to push it in like 1" to get the switch to go from closed to open. I verified from 30 different WOT logs that just resting your foot on the pedal will NOT engage the rolling boost lag.

Thank you so much, this is sooo much easier and better than using nitrous to aid in spool up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back