The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Tuning profec b spec 2...I keep spiking!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blk95gs

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 18, 2002
Havre De Grace, Maryland
I just picked up a Profec-B spec. II, and on my hi setting, I'm set as follows...

boost: 50%
gain: 20%
set gain: 0
limiter: 15%

It keeps 'spiking' at 15 psi, then 'falls off' but eventually settles down at 15 psi. it does this all the time, even when the boost % is down around 30-40%.

Only mods are K&N filter, ACT 2100, TurboXS RFL, and the Profec. I need help, anyone have pointers/like to share settings so I can compare? I can't figure this thing out for the life of me.

If I turn up the gain, that will remedy the 'fall-off', correct? Also, if I get the 'start' boost closer to my 'set' boost, will the turbo spool up faster?

The owners manual is very clear on what all of those functions do - have you read it?

I had to reduce my start boost to around 11 psi when the boost was set to 22 psi to eliminate spiking completely.

I didn't notice the turbo spooling any slower from having done this.

The manual is kind of confusing to me, that's why I decided to ask here. Also, I didn't want to crank my levels up too high and cause a problem. I think I got it now though, but I have another question. I hit 10 PSI in first, 13 in second, 15 in third, and around 17-18 in fourth and fifth. Is this how i should be pulling boost? (I'm new at this)

Later,

Check your vac lines. Also it could be your BOV i had the same problem but it was my BOV leaking.

turn ur gain down..also play around with the set boost...also if u need alot more help talk to my partner C5chris he has ur same set up

well, i set my high setting the same exact way as my low setting, and even at 9 PSI its still falling off. Could i have possibly hooked something up wrong?

what is ur psi when the boost controller is off.....also sounds like ur gain is to high..IM C5chris he knows all about the profecb spec 2.... i have and SBc-id sorry bro..

its at 9 psi with no control. thanks for the reply, ill PM him.

you may also have a boost leak....also how long are u lines from the turbo and waste gate...that could also be a problem...9psi sounds kind of low should be like 10-12 at least..

the clip for the line that goes from the valve unit to the wastegate doesnt hold the hose to the actuator tight enough. you need to get a small hose clamp that you can tighten yourself...that was my problem. also your gain is a little high..try about 14% and lower your start boost a lot and work your way up until you find the spike, then lower it by about 2 increments.

Maybe its the fact that the hose coming off the solenoid is huge, and I had to get a universal hose adapter to fit it onto the tiny ass fitting on my actuator? The hoses are routed as short as possible. Theyre probably 6-7" at best.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back