The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Tuning problems after 2G mas install?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90 EagleClaw

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 20, 2002
NY
I have a 90 Tsi with a stock 14B turbo and injectors but with a 255 pump. Before when I had the stock MAS in my SAFC settings were all under +10% and I was able to run 18 psi on pump gas with little to no knock. Now I have switched over to a 2G mas and upgraded intake pipe and I had to richen the AFC at high throttle as much as +35-50%! And I am getting knock now at 15 psi where I had 0 at that boost with the 1G mas. My fuel trims are 118 100 118. And the car is running leaner then before even with the AFC settings increased that much. How could the 2G mas have made me need soo much more fuel? Or is there another problem maybe?

Yeah, a 2G maf with no injectors will put you way lean. It flows wy more than the 1G. Is it hacked as well? This will only aggrevate the condition. If you took the screens uout, put them back in. I have seen low 11s on untouched 2G MAFs on 1G cars.

Thanks for the replys, it is unhacked. I am waiting to get my 650's in the mail cause I'm going with a T3/T4 setup, so hopefully with the bigger injectors everything will be ok, I'll just drive around at low boost for now, thanks.

The 2G mas leans you out alot. I have a 1G with 650s @44BFP and a 16G running ~18lbs of boost and my high setting are +6 from 4-7K. This is with a rewired supra TT pump mind youOMG They say the 2G mas leans you out about 20%, I say more like 40-50%. You see the 2G mas flows 20% more air but by the time the 1G ecu is done with it, it's much higher. You will see by the fact that fuel cut is not possible even at 22psi on a 30deg day:p

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back