The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink tuning issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

latitude84

Probationary Member
Feb 22, 2012
vancouver, Washington
So I had English racing do some work and they tuned my car with boost leaks and most of the exhaust bolts were loose. (not sure why they didn't check all that after they did 3500 bucks worth of work) I've read a few things online and watch some good vids on ecmtuning.com but I'm still getting knock and my A/F ration isn't right they also put 1011cc injectors instead of 1000cc in the log not really sure just doesn't seem like its running top notch Just looking for someone knowledgeable with tuning sd v3. please pm me with a number and I will get back to you asap and also will pay you for you time. thanks

Post a log for others to look at. And the injectors are probably right if you have a flow/data sheet, check there. Also fix all your boost and exh leaks, then get a retune. The tune they did won't do you very good if it was done on leaks!

Last edited:
ok here is a log

Attachments

• matt pull.csv
    62.5 KB · Views: 74
I'm a goofball I found all the info and steps to tune and damn..... This thing is day and night thanks for looking out guys[DOUBLEPOST=1415896448][/DOUBLEPOST]here is a pull[DOUBLEPOST=1415896520][/DOUBLEPOST]open to all and any advice. thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1415913232][/DOUBLEPOST]I have a couple more pulls to

Attachments

• tune.elg
    17.9 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
You don't have your MAP sensor defined in the ECU Inputs tab. Please do this.

Your wideband seems to be inconsistent with what I'd expect. Please post an idle log with the car warmed up and stable.

That pull isn't going to register as a true WOT pull since your TPS value isn't at 100%. With the key turned to ON but the car not started, make sure TPSVolts is at .63v and then at 5.00v with it pressed the whole way down. Also make sure nothing is blocking the pedal, like a floor mat.

Please fill out your DSM Profile for the car so we know what all is done to the car.

tps is at .63 then 4.88 pressed to the floor. I have speed density setup I apt at ed my map Thanks unless I'm missing something the tps scales says 100%[DOUBLEPOST=1415919069][/DOUBLEPOST]I tried adding stuff to my profile but am unable to.
hx35 t3t4 flange 8 blade
fic 1000cc
tubular headers
hks272 cams
255 fuel pump
tial 44 mm waste gate
aem wideband
aem fpr
unknown front mount 3inch piping[DOUBLEPOST=1415919322][/DOUBLEPOST]and speed density v3 link[DOUBLEPOST=1415920427][/DOUBLEPOST]

Attachments

• idle.elg
    16.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
TPS values sound pretty good. Use this to get the upper limit to read 5v:
http://www.dsmlink.com/wiki/v3tpsadj

Your MAP sensor info needs to be declared in this table, just like the AEM wideband. Your IAT should be declared as well if you're running one.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You might want to verify that your wideband is displaying the same AFR in the program as it is on the gauge. If it is, then your idle need some work to get it back down around 14.7.

sweet followed that link and got 5v 100% throttle pos. THANK YOU. here is an updated idle not sure about the iat

Attachments

• idle5.elg
    21 KB · Views: 86
No boost or exhaust leaks there must be something in my tune that I'm missing or that I haven't adjusted. The fuel was set to 37 psi but my fuel pressure regulator was at 40 psi so I just adjusted that on the laptop[DOUBLEPOST=1415926047][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe something with the fiav be blocked

Last edited:
@Calan Any idea what would cause the fuel trims to swing this much between o2 cycles? I see the car is idling really rich, but I'm not sure what else might need to be addressed to get it stabilize and hit stoich.

For one thing, there isn't a good closed loop O2 signal. He's running the wideband on the Front O2 input, but isn't simulating narrowband O2. So, there isn't a good signal for the ECU to use in closed loop. My guess is that the ECU is attempting to use a 0-5v linear signal on the front o2 and is getting confused. (Or, he is wiring it that way intentionally for some reason, but the WB's output voltage isn't calibrated to a true 0-1v NB signal).

Also, no idea on whether or not an IAT signal is being seen, and/or what is going on with MAP since it isn't logged.

Last edited:
Not sure how I overlooked that Craig! I stared at that for a while and it just didn't click :p

You need to select the proper choice in the Wideband drop down in the image above. Then go to the NBO2 Simulate tab and turn that on with the proper settings. You'll want to do some searching around here in regards to the AEM unit to see what others have done.

Make sure to add the MAP sensor to your list of captured/displayed values so we can see it.

ok sounds good, I'll do some more research and get back to you guys. Thanks a lot and if you find a good answer or have anymore suggest feel free to let me know

OP - I'm not familiar with your particular wideband, but most of them have separate outputs for NB (0-1v) or WB (0-5v), or one output that can be programmed to be either NB or WB.

Ideally, you should run a stock O2 sensor and let the ECU use that for closed-loop, and run the 0-5v signal from your wideband to another unused input to monitor your AFR. That gives you the best setup, since you have two independent sources looking at the left-over O2 from the combustion process. (You can use them both to validate each other, which is handy).

If you are limited on inputs or just don't want to mess with a factory O2 sensor, then you can wire your WB into the front O2 input and use it alone. BUT... you have to make sure that the signal the ECU is seeing there is either:

1). A narrowband 0-1v signal, configured in the wideband unit itself, or
2). A wideband 0-5v signal, and you are using narrowband simulation in ECMLink.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back