The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Tuning issues and knock

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonx9

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 8, 2009
elyria, Ohio
I am starting to get more and more lost with this because if I set one thing such as the airflowrperrev at .25 then adjust from there and get everything to the point where I am thinking its dialed it something is happening and it all changes the airflowperrev doesn't stay where its supposed to. I watched the videos and looked at the wiki and have tried to adjust to the best of my understanding but there has to be a big picture I am missing here and I have yet to figure it out. If anyone can help with this it is greatly appreciated. The main issue is when going WOT and/ or above 13-15psi its bucking like crazy but I can do part throttle pulls perfectly fine and will pull all the way to redline.

Mods list is as follows
ecmlink v3 lite, hx35 W bep, 1000cc inj, hks 272's, fully ported and polished head, 3in turbo back, ss O2 housing,3in gm maf and translator, fully ported ex manifold, walbro 255, aeromotive afpr set to 38psi, 2g pistons 1g rods with clevite 77 mains and rods, BR street fmic, external wastegate, shep stg2 trans, fidanza flywheel, Act 2600 clutch, evo8 springs and retainers and SS valves. I might be forgetting some stuff but thats most of it.

Attachments

• Cruising log and pulls log.elg
    477.1 KB · Views: 45
  • log.2012.07.21-04.elg
    439.2 KB · Views: 38
You probably have but did you try resetting your openloopmaxoct fuel table? It's jumping from 14.6 to 11 with no linear transition whatsoever (not sure if this would cause a problem or not). The mafcomp sliders are a little crazy (no "smooth" transition there aswell, around 150-200hz). Also, no wideband?

I am confused on how to set up the AEM to use it to log with it threw link. The wiki isnt very clear to me as to where I should put the wideband at on the ecu for it to log right.

Last edited:
I'm sure there are many threads on getting the wb installed and configured, gotta search ;) I just wanted to add that if you're running 272 cams, your airflowperrev is naturally going to be higher than .25, probably in the .30s range.

Thats another thing I wasnt getting a answer to was what my airflowper rev should be. Ok so now that I know it should be more around .3 then I can make adjustments to fix that and put it back to where it belongs.

Got a chance to drive it today after making some adjustments its starting to seem like its wanting to do a full pull more now than before. Before it would basically sputter really bad under WOT and not want to climb threw the rpm range still. Attached are some logs of some pulls I made. The one labeled pull to red line is a 3rd gear pull from 2700rpm and the rest are launch's and pulls threw gears. I know im probably going to get chewed out for the knock on the logs but I needed at least a good couple solid logs to work with and this is only way I could think of to get them. On a side note though when I launched the 2nd time I did notice a huge ball of black smoke left when I went.

Attachments

• pull to redline.elg
    21.3 KB · Views: 44
  • launch 2.elg
    45.3 KB · Views: 44
  • launch.elg
    20 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Whats up with no logged WB? Cant do that dude, its not a good idea. If your flowing roughly 30lbs/min and getting upwards of 6* knockret i would be very very cautious. Wire the wb up per instructions on ecmtuning and log it. End of story, then do some cal's

I only looked at one log btw, no one is going to help without an accurate WB that we can see. It s pointless guesswork

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back