The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

tuning help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmarcy

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 1, 2011
River Grove, Illinois
i am new to dsm's. i have a 1990 tsi bone stock as of now. i have a list of parts waiting to install as soon as my trans rebuild is complete. i am installing 3" turbo back system, 550 injectors, 2g maf, mbc, equus boost gauge. Do i need any other support mods? and what would be a safe tune? it has stock turbo with 78000 miles with rebuild trans. any advice would help?

Check out the upgrade path, wideband, logger, dsmlink, i would start reading on the tech page, safe tune, start learning about what tuning is, plenty of threads on this to help.

Without injectors you can take that stock turbo up to 16 psi without any problems. A good way to start is making sure everything is running properly. Last thing you want to do is put more power into a broken component.
After that do the basics, exhaust, intake, gauges, mbc.
The stock fuel system with the 14b can easily be turned up to 16psi without issue.
Once you want to go higher then that, you need to look at fuel systems, tuning systems and all the other expensive things. As mentioned before, look at the upgrade paths.

use the upgrade path on the site, you should also think about what exactly your goals are and do A LOT of research first. its better to read for free and find out what you need first and do it right the first time rather than to buy intermediate upgrades cause you did it piece by piece. I also agree, make sure all the maintenance is done.

yeah i looked at the upgrade path. i have pretty much everything on the list. im just debating on getting a fmic. i have checked all the maintenance, eerything checks out. i just did timing belt, oil pan gasket, return line, rebuild trans. thanks for the help. i will look some more into tuning help.

Good timing pulleys, too i didnt replace mine and had to replace my head. Several tuning options out there, link was best for me.

ill look at that. thanks. another question. i looked at the forums and people say different things about what oil to use. the previous owner used normal oil, but i was told to put in full or partial synthetic. what would be the best oil to use in my setup?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back