The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Tuning Help with SAFC2

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrvwbug

Probationary Member
Aug 19, 2015
Indianapolis, Indiana
I need some tuning help with SAFC2. I have the data logger software coming with the cable. I know the software s free, also I have a palmpilot. I am very computer savvy - but do not know what the logger data set or set mean to any degree. I know how a wideband works. I need this dialed in just short of perfect without going to a DYNO shop as these shit birds keep tell me it's old technology and DSM link is the only way to go. Not one DYNO shop will touch this SAFC2I just need a tune for then I am off to get my car painted and to a completed state.

If someone is in the Indianapolis area knows what their doing I will pay, beer or parts whatever think is fair for some lucid help either at my home or over facetime or Skype.

Here are the mods I have at this time:
1990 Laser RS turbo

(4) 650cc injectors
2g Mas/MAF with Dejon INtake
BIG 16g EVO III turbo
Punishment FMIC
Upgraded Fuel Pump
3 inch Exhaust
AEM Wideband and every other gauge you can think of.
APEXi SAFC2
ACT 2600 clutch.
Fizanda FLywheel

Please let me know? Ping me over private msg will text you my number.

SLIm Jim

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/how-the-safc-works.105569/
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/definitive-piggyback-tuning-guide.58403/
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/the-basics-of-tuning.111005/
A little reading and you will be able to do this on your own. This is the simplest in terms of "tuning" which in turn all you are altering is the amount of airflow the ecu is seeing.
The 2g maf you are running meters air differently than the standard 1g maf so that would pretty much match in terms for compensation if you had 550cc injectors. Since you have 650's you need to compensate for the additional ~100cc which is about 18% after taking into consideration the compensation that the 2g maf already contributes. You will want to log and keep an eye on things and take your time read read read...

I need some tuning help with SAFC2. I have the data logger software coming with the cable. I know the software s free, also I have a palmpilot. I am very computer savvy - but do not know what the logger data set or set mean to any degree. I know how a wideband works. I need this dialed in just short of perfect without going to a DYNO shop as these sh** birds keep tell me it's old technology and DSM link is the only way to go. Not one DYNO shop will touch this SAFC2I just need a tune for then I am off to get my car painted and to a completed state.

If someone is in the Indianapolis area knows what their doing I will pay, beer or parts whatever think is fair for some lucid help either at my home or over facetime or Skype.

Here are the mods I have at this time:
1990 Laser RS turbo

(4) 650cc injectors
2g Mas/MAF with Dejon INtake
BIG 16g EVO III turbo
Punishment FMIC
Upgraded Fuel Pump
3 inch Exhaust
AEM Wideband and every other gauge you can think of.
APEXi SAFC2
ACT 2600 clutch.
Fizanda FLywheel

Please let me know? Ping me over private msg will text you my number.

SLIm Jim
Get rid of safc and buy EcmLink.

Yep, I've heard this one before. It's $600.00 large I don't current have. Tune what I have to work with or start all over. I am down to the tuning aspect - all my upgrades are in place. If the SAFC-2 is impossible I will upgrade if I must. I get the diff one is legacy one is not. Let me soak on this some more. Can I use both using the SAFC-2 more as a monitoring device? What would fill this void I ponder...

Yep, I've heard this one before. It's $600.00 large I don't current have. Tune what I have to work with or start all over. I am down to the tuning aspect - all my upgrades are in place. If the SAFC-2 is impossible I will upgrade if I must. I get the diff one is legacy one is not. Let me soak on this some more. Can I use both using the SAFC-2 more as a monitoring device? What would fill this void I ponder...
It's not impossible, you will just blow it up sooner. Make sure you pay very close attention to your wideband at all times when going WOT. Do you have a way to measure or register knock?

Yes, I do. Good point! I found a good friend of mine has this experience, I am taking this to a professional mechanic (friend of mine) who has set these SAFC-2 up before.

We should be golden. You can correct the knock signal with the SAFC-2 which is in turn related directly to timing. We are renting out a dyno to get this dialed in at 100%. I am not going with any crazy boost levels either as this is just a street runner car. WEDNESDAY EVENING is my big day!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back