The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Tuning for cam surge.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AL92

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 12, 2003
regina, SK_Canada
I think I have a bit of cam surge at 25mph to about 30mph seems to go away at 35mph.
Is there anything I can do in dsmlink to help get rid of this. I would think fuel don't work as its only for wot and mabye spark timing can help.? Would adjustable cam gears do anything for cam surge.I have stage 3 414 crowers in my 2.4. Jm fab intake.

Are you talking about driving at a constant low rpm and feeling like the car will "surge" forward and then lose power over and over again?

There's no such thing as cam surge and if you're experiencing a problem that is speed related and not RPM related it probably has nothing to do with the engine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back