1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G tuning after 1g swap?

Posted by Dyncaus, May 14, 2003

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. Dyncaus

Dyncaus Proven Member

Joined Jul 24, 2002
    Chicago, Illinois
    i have had my car about a week now since after my 1g swap, did 500 miles of break in, then i tested it out on the freeway. when i am driving on the freeway, at around 65, when i trie to accelerate in 5th, when it gets above around 5 pounds of boost, the car seems to run really rough. my CEL is on as well, random misfire and bad knock sensor. if anyone would car to share some insight on what is going on with my car, it is pissing me off cause it seems a whole lot slower and doesn't run very smoothly at high boost. i figure it needs to be tuned, and if that is the case, which would be better, DSMLink or apexi SAFC with datalogger?

209  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM
  2. Dyncaus

Dyncaus Proven Member

Joined Jul 24, 2002
    Chicago, Illinois
    no one can help?, it also feels rough accelerating in all the gears until it gets to about 3k rpm, then CEL just went off ealier, but i still want to find out if it just needs to be tuned with a fuel controller or if there is something else wrong with it.

209  0

manual · 2G DSM
  3. ltvarney

ltvarney Proven Member

Joined Jan 7, 2003
    Lansing, Michigan
    you should really pull codes for that CEL

317  0

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    automatic · 1G DSM
  4. Dyncaus

Dyncaus Proven Member

Joined Jul 24, 2002
    Chicago, Illinois
    i did, it was the reandom misfire and bad knock sensor

209  0

manual · 2G DSM
  5. blue1

blue1 Proven Member

Joined Apr 23, 2003
    , Australia
    Sounds like you have major fuel problem:

6. laurence riggs

laurence riggs Probationary Member

Joined Dec 16, 2019
    Duncan, BC, Canada
    Did you find the problem. I just got a 97 with the swap the guy said there was a misfire code that comes up I have been swapping some parts and havent found it I herd about putting in a potentiometer will help.
    I have a 96 ecu that was sapost to have the ecm link v3 but I'm not sure what program I need to get into it. Any help with this would be grate.