The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

2G tuning after 1g swap?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dyncaus

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 24, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
i have had my car about a week now since after my 1g swap, did 500 miles of break in, then i tested it out on the freeway. when i am driving on the freeway, at around 65, when i trie to accelerate in 5th, when it gets above around 5 pounds of boost, the car seems to run really rough. my CEL is on as well, random misfire and bad knock sensor. if anyone would car to share some insight on what is going on with my car, it is pissing me off cause it seems a whole lot slower and doesn't run very smoothly at high boost. i figure it needs to be tuned, and if that is the case, which would be better, DSMLink or apexi SAFC with datalogger?

no one can help?, it also feels rough accelerating in all the gears until it gets to about 3k rpm, then CEL just went off ealier, but i still want to find out if it just needs to be tuned with a fuel controller or if there is something else wrong with it.

Did you find the problem. I just got a 97 with the swap the guy said there was a misfire code that comes up I have been swapping some parts and havent found it I herd about putting in a potentiometer will help.
I have a 96 ecu that was sapost to have the ecm link v3 but I'm not sure what program I need to get into it. Any help with this would be grate.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back