The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G tuning a 2G 4G64t

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexr254

Proven Member
Jun 18, 2021
Palm Coast, Florida
I have a 99 Spyder GS. Which i am just starting to research and work on. It has the SOHC 4G64.
I am replacing the head to a DOHC 4G63. And will be adding a turbo on it. Deleting the balance shaft. And other various performance (HP) improvements.
I do have a eprom ECU from another 2G.

I was looking into ecmtuning but am not sure what I need to get from there for my build.
Can anyone help me on what I should start with?
Sorry i am new to this and am just starting to take on this project with my father. Still in the initial learning phase. And just trying to gather everything we need to get started.

What injectors are recommended?

Last edited:
I currently have a MAFT w/ 3” GM MAF. I’ve worked out a bit of the kinks and it seems to run a lot better than it did but it’s a bit of a pain and doesn’t seem all that accurate (can only make changes in 5% increments).

I have a friend that highly suggests ECMLink with a speed density set up. I’ll probably go that route after I get tired of turning dials.

Based on research it looks like i should go with Denso 660 injectors.
Now i just need to find where to get them...
Or maybe ill go with FIC 650cc since they seem easier to find brand new.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back