The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

General TunerPro RT issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seamus

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 18, 2002
Eureka, Missouri
I am trying to switch to tuner pro. I am using a palm cable to USB adaptro with a null modem adaptor to make the palm cable laptop compatible. The drivers are all loaded for the usb cable, and it recognizes the cable in all COM ports. I have tunerpro RT installed and the correct 1g definition file loaded. When I check the cable, it reports to me that it is functional. My computer recognizes the USB cable anytime I plug it in. I have no problems with mmcd, logwroks, LM programmer, or anything else I need to connect to. So why is it when I connect to tunerpro, it just says"connecting" at the bottom foredver and never connects. Please help, I am getting close to sending my hole setup to the guy who helps me with my chip tuning to try and figure this out, and I would love to spare him the trouble.

So just to recap

cables appear to be correct.Correct COm is identified, and everyhting is set right in tunerprort they report back as found and functional by tunerproRT
1g DSM definition file is loaded into tunerpro and automotically loads when I start the program
Computer recognizes cable anytime it is plugged in
Drivers for cables installed.

Is there some other drivers I am un aware of? I have followed this sites tunerpro thread in every detail plus used a couple other resources including tunerpro's own forums and site.

PLease help!

Are you trying to datalog with tuner pro? You never mentioned if you have a Ostrich. Tuner pro is just a program to interface with the burn2 eeprom burner and ostrich realtime emulator from moates.net it cannot tune the stock ecu. You can data log with the correct definition file. Amd its different than the. Bin and .xdf files

I have a chip that can be edited through pocket dyno without an emulator. I want to use tunerpro for everything soon.

BTW, it looks like my USB cable is the problem.

Thanks for the link. I am going to buy the keyspan cable though. it is not much more than building your own, and that way I don't have to pirate stuff from my palm cables. i'd like to keep them in case i need them in the future.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back