The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

General TunerPro E931 stutterbox activation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bricktop

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 24, 2009
Corydon, Indiana
Anyone know how it activates? does the clutch need to be depressed? I'm trying to figure out how to make this work on an Automatic. Right now it activates at the set rpm, moving or not. Could I wire the brake switch into pin 104 to activate it only when the brakes are depressed?

I have mine setup based on mph. For your application i would set it up to run with massively retarded timing with the brake pedal switch wired to activate it.

You can set it up to be activated off the wire or the vss. Are you running E931 or E932 code? The auto has some weird shit in it. I believe you can run the E931 5 speed code with no issues. I would do that and use the simple stutterbox, off the vss. I don't think there is much need for the timing retard, as the motor has to make power just to get up on the stall. I suppose it might make more boost if you antilagged the sutterbox, but I doubt you'll need it.

do this: First Generation DSM EPROM Editing

You can set it up to be activated off the wire or the vss. Are you running E931 or E932 code? The auto has some weird shit in it. I believe you can run the E931 5 speed code with no issues. I would do that and use the simple stutterbox, off the vss. I don't think there is much need for the timing retard, as the motor has to make power just to get up on the stall. I suppose it might make more boost if you antilagged the sutterbox, but I doubt you'll need it.

do this: First Generation DSM EPROM Editing

I'm running the E931 code. How would you run the stutter off the wire? From my understanding, The NLTS runs off the clutch and activates when pin 104 sees ground. I would rather run it off the wire. I have heard other guys who run it off the VSS get 1 more good pop, messing up the 60ft.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back