The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

AEM Tuner options

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That might be tough as it's such an old ecu. Try Jeff Evans of Evans Performance Academy, Kevin Jewer or Kenny Kline. I've worked with all 3 and would recommend them all.
It’s no older than link technology 🤷🏼‍♂️
I was gonna have Kevin do my tune if I would have purchased a different car as it had link and I know he prefers to do link remotely.
Thank you for the options

Drive it WOT all the time then..............:p ROFL
JK, give her all the love that Lucy would have got!

What is it in your cruise tuning that you want looked at? Post a copy of your calibration file & a log (log to PC) with you cruising around that covers all the cruising conditions & I'll take a look at it. Make sure you're logging rpm, load, AFR, throttle position, ignition. Also how does your car do on startup? How does it do with idle & coming to a stop? This will get us able to know what more to ask.

Last edited:
Very nice of you to try and lend a hand @Mello ! My buddy needs a little assistance.

What is it in your cruise tuning that you want looked at? Post a copy of your calibration file & a log (log to PC) with you cruising around that covers all the cruising conditions & I'll take a look at it. Make sure you're logging rpm, load, AFR, throttle position, ignition. Also how doess your car do on startup? How does it do with idle & coming to a stop? This will get us able to know what more to ask.
The start up,cruise, at a stop and idle afrs are all over the place( mainly lean). I think it’s a possibility that it’s shit ethanol. So I’m waiting on a couple of parts to come in to fix some slight oil leaks as the car has sat for a while and things have dried out. I need to download the software for AEM so I can send you logs but at this time I have nothing else to offer as I’ve only driven it about three/four times. I appreciate any and all help.

The AEM provided startup calibration, which they give with the software install/download, are setup to be safe & only start so one can begin tuning. By default it is very rich & low (conservative) ignition timing. Which EMS do you have, like 1300 (for 1g's), 1310 (2G). The EMS is built so no wiring changes are required & all one has to do is plug the connectors into the EMS. I ask because of your reference of needing a new harness if you switched to another stand alone. Do you still have the MAF or is your car switched to speed density?

It’s already tuned(made 600whp)and definitely not on base map/ start up map
1g(1991)
This is why I say new harness.
PTU is inside and harness doesn’t look stock
It’s a 4g64 block with a 2.0 head.
Speed density
Auto

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I have a video of what’s going on but when I load it, it gives a YouTube link🤔
Not sure what that’s about
Yeah it puts your video onto the DSMtuners YouTube channel, which is kind of nice because you don't even have to have your own channel that way. So your 2 videos, you can see the thumbnails for them on the DSMtuners "Videos" page here, with all the other videos that are on the channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-ET5tEjPgOHbHyrHw4nKaw/videos
YouTube videos are pretty good in that they preserve most of the quality you had in the original - better than Facebook or Instagram.
Your video does look very sharp. Good job!
Wow it sure does go dead lean AFR when you step on the pedal.

Last edited:
Thanks to @We're on Boost I found your videos. AFR's at idle seem to be fairly stable holding around 12.9-13:1. Car chokes when you punch the gas. I would begin with looking at the Accel/Decel fuel tuning for this lean choking. This is an advanced fuel tuning concept and comes during final tweaking of the fuel map. What do the AFR's do when you gently give it more gas? Also, is the WB wired into the EMS too?

I've seen this before on a few cars i've tuned but i can't say for certain without a log. I've had a bad tps cause similar issues but it's hard to see what's going on without more solid data
You sir were damn near spot on.
I was out poking around on the car trying to see if WB is connected to ecu and started tracking wires and in the process I did the old wiggle test on the tps harness and BAM, wouldn’t ya know it, I found this. Repaired it and throttle response seems to be pretty darn close.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back