The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Tuner family

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SrKegler

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 29, 2004
Daytona Beach, Florida
I've been on this site for about 7 years now. While I read the hangout posts, usually don't comment. Anyhow I was reading thru the posts and it hit me about what this site is all about. You guys are just like me in my younger days. I'm 67 now amd in what was supposedly the good old days if we needed something fixed we did it ourself. Hell when I joined the Army my py was only $28 a month. Jump pay was an additional $55 but that still didn't go far.

99% of the "kids" I see nowadays grab their honda, run it down to the shop, put a big ass muffler on it, a stereo system that is the only thing that gives it any value. Turns the bill over to daddy.

Now I laugh at a lot of the stupid questions in the other forums, but i then realize you guys are just learning and at least you're trying to do it YOURSELF!!! Fantastic.

Just wanted to thank you guys. As far as I'm concerned you're the greatest group there is.

Anyone that ever needs help or advice, drop me a line.

Definitely one of the best forums. Also, incredibly cool to see someone that's stuck to the dsm for so long :thumb:. It's one of those cars that becomes more than just a car in the long run. I pay for everything on my car as well, reason why I'm broke all the time :p but worth every penny :D

I've learned not to take mine to sears anym ore. Everytime I buy new tools, it breaks something so I can use them.

Honestly this forum got me so much more into my dsm, there are barely any flames and everyones really helpful. Honestly if it wasn't for this forum and a little bit of luck I would still have a stock 2g FWD eclipse Haha. Btw , Respect to the OP for posting this I agree with you completely.
Im 18 but not so Rice inclined and almost everyone I see around my age ends up spending all their time and money just throwing stuff on their car, or paying a shop to do it. Hardly anyone learns or does anything on their own anymore its a bit saddening.

I can't. have any, I own a DSM

It's just refreshing to find people not afraid to use some elbow grease and a little ingenuity to do things for themselves.

I went to one of those tech schools to try to get into cars..Long story short I learned more shit tring to do things on my dsm then they ever taught me at school..Ohh and my mom pitches in now and again..She used to be a big car nut when she was married..And even tho she thought for the longest time that my car was was from japan, She still loved working on it with me..Now shes knows that it was made in IL, and she probly even knows what dsm stands for by now..But ya I've learned alot working on my dsm for the past 4 years..And In 4 more years I hope to know alot more about them..

Don't try to do stuff on your own car, pay a pro.

j/k

not really, I own a shop so please pay me so I can feed my kids.

I went to one of those tech schools to try to get into cars..Long story short I learned more shit tring to do things on my dsm then they ever taught me at school..

This. I have learned more in my own shop that I did in a year of tech school. That and I just like to figure shit out for myself. I like to know how things work, and I like to take stuff apart. There is no better feeling that knowing you fixed something IMO. I always used to take stuff that didnt work apart when I was a kid . If I could fix it great, if I couldn't, oh well, it was broken anyways. When I took my first small engine apart, I was hooked on engines. I was fascinated with everything about them. I still am to this day. :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back