The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Tubular rear subframe - Input needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I want that so bad. Actually, I need it. My awd rear subframe is falling apart...

Nice! Now go beat the hell out of it and see what happens :)

I want the front and rear. I subscribed to the thread so Ill be waiting to hear trhe release date. Unless you wanna pm me a ballpark figure for both?

Very nice. Is that a satin/semi gloss black on it? It looks great!
Thanks Kevin. I can't remember if they called it a semi-gloss or a low-gloss. But it's the same black they put on OE wiper arms. The subframe and arms were ran through along with a batch of 10,000 wiper arms. :)

I want the front and rear. I subscribed to the thread so Ill be waiting to hear trhe release date. Unless you wanna pm me a ballpark figure for both?
I won't know anything about a release date of pricing until this first one has been ran and tested. I'll have an ad in the Freelancer section if and when they become available.

Paul will this allow exhaust to be routed out the back the same as a factory subframe?
I'm 95% sure there won't be any issue with exhaust clearances. But I haven't fit an exhaust system with it yet, so I can't be sure just yet.

I think this subframe allows for more exhaust clearance. I was worried about running exhaust with the stock subframe since its so bulky but with this under my car I was relieved of the room it would give me.

I think this subframe allows for more exhaust clearance. I was worried about running exhaust with the stock subframe since its so bulky but with this under my car I was relieved of the room it would give me.

Does this mean you are the one testing it? I put my project on hold because i picked up an sc300 for cheap, now i'm leaning back into building the eclipse up. If this sub-frame holds up it will be a key component to my build, as im trying to build a time attack car.

@ Paul, does this have adjustable mounts for the upper and lower arms or which ones are adjustable pick-up points? What kind of bushings or spherical bearings will we need to make this frame work?

Does this mean you are the one testing it?
Yup.

@ Paul, does this have adjustable mounts for the upper and lower arms or which ones are adjustable pick-up points? What kind of bushings or spherical bearings will we need to make this frame work?
The pickup option is the inboard connection for the lower control arms and the toe arms. My kit has everything needed for installation. It uses spherical joints at every connection instead of bushings.

On a related note; I am also going to work on a bracket to raise the upper control arms. I'll hopefully have a prototype set finished and in use this spring or summer. I'd ideally like to raise the upper control arm 1" to match the lower.

The pickup option is the inboard connection for the lower control arms and the toe arms. My kit has everything needed for installation. It uses spherical joints at every connection instead of bushings.

On a related note; I am also going to work on a bracket to raise the upper control arms. I'll hopefully have a prototype set finished and in use this spring or summer. I'd ideally like to raise the upper control arm 1" to match the lower.

That will be pretty easy in the rear. The front, not so much.

This is pure awesome, man! I'm looking forward to John's review.

That will be pretty easy in the rear. The front, not so much.
Yup. Although it would be cool to develop some sort of aftermarket strut tower to weld in place of the original for the guys that want to change the angle of the front upper arm. I imagine there would be a very small amount of people interested in doing that to their cars though.

Hmmm..... *wheels turning*

Yup. Although it would be cool to develop some sort of aftermarket strut tower to weld in place of the original for the guys that want to change the angle of the front upper arm. I imagine there would be a very small amount of people interested in doing that to their cars though.

Hmmm..... *wheels turning*

I like this idea. what about tubbing the front, and since you would have to have something support the strut, why not build a diamond brace from firewall to towers and towers to the front of the car, and then down to the frame? 240 guys do this, i would know, i used to be one.. ;) ohhh and id buy it if you did something like this.....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back