The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Tubular adjustable suspension parts for the entire chassis. Tubular subframes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I would like to get in line as well. Can you make mine out of chromoly.
No, i dont use chromoly, I can do T45 though but its alot more expensive LOL

It couldn't hurt to ask! haha
I was thinking of doing o e from T45 after my first one to see the weight difference. I estimated i could loose about 2.5kg off the weight from calculations from what i got on my rear subframe

Please, just consider all of us Daily Drivers, just keep us on mind

Very nice I’m anxious to see it all together., No doubt you are good on what you do,.
Just so you knos i found a nylon type spacer that is according to the spec sheet an insolator so it should help abit more then having metal to metal. Its 3mm thick so im going to redesign some bits to work around them and also some jigs are being adjusted to suit this, i considered using 2 bring it to 6mm but i think it might be abit much and not offer any real gains, plus adjusting my parts for 6mmis a bit more trickier

Thank you for considering it Bobby.

6 mm would be great, but even 3mm is good enough to kill the road noise the metal transfers to the inside.

Keep us updated.
I should be able to make it both ways so i can add shims to the jigs to counteract ths added noise reducers. And then remove the shims if its not needing any and can be metal on metal like mine will be.

Oh hellll yeah. I’d def be interested in one these subframes
Trying to do some small bits and then i can make one to fully weld and use for testing

Sounds awesome! Keep us posted, will keep tabs on this thread
Oh i sure will. Once i get it fully complete the whole forum will know! I have just been busy with other projects and work it got pushed to the side but my mission is to finish this and the front arms as 1 complete job and i will be mega happy once done

I have finally been able to get back to this subframe and i have redesigned the bushes and jig spacings to allow for the 3mm damping nylon to be the base between the frame and chassis.

The idea is to make mine exactly the same so i know the new design works. Then its a case of 2 ways, 3mm alloy spacer so its solid mounted or nylon spacer to reduce some noise. Im going to look into a small poly washer but my issue with that is i dont know the effects of it in compression in this way and if it will keep the nut tight etc. Poly will compress and eventually deform but from what i have read up on its pretty much the 1 stage down from nylon (correct me if my reading is wrong on that one)

Im about to have from ARB brackets machined up as i want everythng to be completely new and to my liking and the oem pressed brackets are not pretty to look at! And who does not love abit of billet CNC machined parts.

Thats all the current progress so far but hopefully real soon i can have one welded up

IMHO the spacer is a waste of time.

Front solid subframe bushings will tighten up the car but they won't be enough to noticeably increase noise and ride harshness.

Harder control arm bushings, tires and of course stiffer damper & springs. These components what will really contribute to noise, vibration and harshness.

IMHO the spacer is a waste of time.

Front solid subframe bushings will tighten up the car but they won't be enough to noticeably increase noise and ride harshness.

Harder control arm bushings, tires and of course stiffer damper & springs. These components what will really contribute to noise, vibration and harshness.
I think because the resr trans mount is on it the noise from that will pass through perhaps? People say the solid bushes are annoying, even my friend here wishes he never did solid bushes LOL. But we all got our limits dont we on what we can handle. Im just here to sort a concern and see what i can do to offer some relief even if its a small percentage

Got one last thing for the subframe all checked off my list for the finishing install parts.

The ARB bracket was always an eye saw for me. It was easy to use as its their but i wanted to make it much nicer and everything on the frame to be fresh and new. So this is what i came up with! A nice flate surface instead of an angle on it, strong and of course billet CNC machined.

Now i have to find time to make a subframe for reals soon

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Put the angle back in and make them for the back also. ;) ;) group buy!!!!
The back ones are straight though?

Is there really any reason to make these to replace the oem ones on a stock frame?

Back ones are straight. And the front ones are curved like whats in your pick.
I tried to do a G a while ago for the evo ARB adaptors and no one wanted them so i cancelled it (even though arb's are limited for us) so these wont be of any interest to most

Even on my chomoly front subframe they are curved like factory
So they use the oem stamped clamp?
Thats where i wanted to be different and have everything non oem. Just makes it that extra bit special haha

ec17pse, mann, the time you put into our platforms and spend on trying to improve it all is astounding. I don't see you every giving up on these cars honestly and that's just amazing. The level of commitment here is A+

I read through this thread numerous times and thought about how grateful we are to have a member like you, but never once even considered mentioning it. I think it should be said though. These are the things, of course, that keep people going. Seriously, keep it up man :thumb:

And Bravo! I can't wait to some day be apart of one of your group buys.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back