The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

tsi in need of some help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicklesmack

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 16, 2009
phoenix, Arizona
Hey guys I just picked up a tsi in bad shape any help would be nice I'm looking for 2gb bumpers and sideskirts for a talon maybe even both doors anyone have any for sale or know any one who does let me know ### 602 397 1920 thx oh also it has some electrical problems the obd, horn dome lights and radio don't work the fuses are fine but no power to any of those anyone have this problem before thx Milo

Keep checking fuses... Like the larger amperage ones under the hood... And post what DOES work electrical wise to get a better diagnosis and assistance. Good luck friend!

Ok power windows, power locks, sun roof, gauges, dimmer switch, power mirrors, turn signals, hazard lights, head and tail lights and wipers oh and just found out the cruise control doesn't work

Sorry I ment today all that stuff does work except my cruise control

Hey guys I just picked up a tsi in bad shape any help would be nice I'm looking for 2gb bumpers and sideskirts for a talon maybe even both doors anyone have any for sale or know any one who does let me know ### 602 397 1920 thx oh also it has some electrical problems the obd, horn dome lights and radio don't work the fuses are fine but no power to any of those anyone have this problem before thx Milo

Many times the horn not working is because the butons inside the steering wheel are crap. I remember seeing some fix-it threads on several forums.

The cruise not working is often related to the interlock switches on the clutch pedal. If the little rubber stoppers fall out, the switch doesn't work and the cruise system thinks your clutch is depress all of the time and therefore won't let it engage.

The radio not working is not unusual since someone has surely installed their own system at some point and screwed it up. Pull the unit and check for power if the fuses are good.

Dome lights malfunction often due to a rusted door switch on either side.

An OBDII port not working could be a bad plug or someone has jacked with it installing an aftermarket device. OBDII is powered from ECU so unlikley ECU is the problem if you're driving the car.

I don't think any of the problems are related...just poor maintenance by previous owners I'll bet.

Get a factory manual if you are serious about fixing problems, not Chiltons or Haynes.

haha on the chilton or haynes .. i have both and their are so many type o's in them from torque specs to engine size ... more so from the chilton but as dave says the factory manual is best !!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back