The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Trying to tune with a SAFC2 after small upgrade.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havlc2u

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 3, 2012
BFE, North_Dakota
Original setup 93 GSX completely stock besides just a flowmaster muffler auto 390cc injectors
13g turbo.

AEM WB
AEM Truboost

I know I know get DSMLINK
I am working on it.

So I am currently trying to tune with a SAFC2 my setup is

14b with 7cm hotside
560cc evo injectors
190 lph rewired
Short route FMIC
1g BOV
2G Maf

So here is the issue at cold start the AFR is around the 14.7 hovering
But once it starts to warm up it dives to around 11.

my th points are low 40% and high 80%

Trying a baseline of
low th is set at 1000 - 7600 -10% straight across.
High th is the same as low.
Sensor type Karman
Car type 4cylinder arrow up to the right

If I adjust to a lower point say like 0% i can tell it is riching it up because of the idle becomes rough.
and the AFR drops into the 10's
If I change it to say like 25% no change it goes back to 11's but never anything more.

I have not done any pulls at all or even driven it because of the AFR.
I am seeing I don't trust it at all.
I don't have a boost leak tester at the moment but have triple checked all connections.
The only other thing done was I removed all Vacuum lines and AC.

Any help would be great. I have read a crap load of threads but have not found a issue like this.

Having a logger w/wideband of some sort would be best so you can monitor your fuel trims and also watch for knock. Do you have a data logger? Any check engine lights? safc wired correctly?
Are you doing + or - on the correction/compensation?

Last edited:
So I have read all the SAFC stuff a million times it seems thanks. But I think I found the issue.
I reinstalled my original injectors and adjusted a little on the SAFC for the 2g MAF and bam
The AFR looks good.

So I guess the next question is dumb but is there a science to getting 560cc evo injectors to work in a 1g auto?

You are going to have to adjust the settings to "take away fuel" by adjusting to the negative. Adjustments vary based on lean spots. Should be mostly even through the rpm range. Don't forget to adjust both low throttle and wide throttle. Not just one or the other.

Yeah been trying that it is like the SAFC won't correct the rich condition.
But I know it works because I was able to adjust the 390s with a 2g maf to get it around 14 afr down from 16-17

You may have a problem because the afc won't adjust that far. You're on an auto ecu. It helped that you went 2g mas but enough? Hard to say
On the 390s you should have had to add fuel with the afc on a 2g maf. Are you sure those are 560s?

With 390s i can adjust and it seems fine i am at like +20 baseline to solve the lean condition and get it to hover 14.7 afr.

Sorry i was typing it wrong the 560s using negatives 390 positive numbers LOL

Well it was between 10 and 11.5 i put the 560cc injectors back in and i think i actually got it. My low fuel trim switched from 100 to 82 and the rich condition changed for idle to around 14 to 15

Maybe I spoke to soon now i start the car cold and its back down around 11-12. Low fuel trim back to 100. The voltage to my o2 is around .85 to .90 this is a new o2 temp at 175. Idle around 900 once warmed up to 200 the the low fuel trim droped to 81.2 and the afr is in range again.

So dump question cold starts always take until normal running temp to level out to correct afr i know sometimes in the past it would be a little rich until warm but never 200 degrees

Last edited:
I am actually only at -13 from 1000 rpms and at 7600 droping slowly to -6 I did a small pull at 14psi only about 3/4 throttle hitting 5000 rpms it didn't look bad on the logger. It did get 8counts of knock. I didn't get to see the wb but the o2 voltage was .89

I noticed when running rich it seems to puff smoke. So might have to lean it a little more.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back