The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Trying to reset the 68HTA/16G record. Will it get me into the 9’s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jk's97DSM

Supporting VIP
Apr 27, 2006
Norfolk, Virginia
I think the chassis needs to be top notch. Gutted, caged and probably lexan but I want it to be streetable. I don’t want a car I can’t just drive. It will pass VA inspection legitimately (if it looks like a catalytic converter, it is). I don’t need the law enforcement hassle.

Anyways, the records I know of are English racing’s 1G. Low 10’s. I haven’t seen anything in the 9’s. That’s the goal. What are your thoughts?

Not the mention the 16g and the 68hta v2 are two completely different turbos with different power potentials.

English went 9.95 @ 133 with a HTA68 a decade ago. https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/english-racing-goes-9-95-on-a-fphta68.415752/
This was a 2350 pound car as per the conversation, so you can bet that streetability is long gone. If you want to chase that record, sure, but keep in mind that they are a very competent organization with a ton of resources that the average privateer doesn't have. Development of the platform kind of stalled out around then; you're probably not going to make more power than they did and most of the battle is testing/tuning, which they are far superior at. Their business is to make cars go fast, they learn on the job every day and get paid to do it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back