The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Trying to identify this 1G SMIC -- can anybody help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrevorS

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2009
Newark, Delaware
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It weighs 11-1/2 lbs, the inlet/outlet are 1-7/8"/2-1/4", and the core dimensions are 9"W x 6"H x 5-5/8"D. Doesn't look to me like either a Hahn or a Dejon. What else was manufactured for the Eclipse 1G? What could it be?

Looks like a Hahn to me.
I'm really surprised at the inlet being 1-7/8" for an aftermarket SMIC. Though on the other hand, I guess it has the advantage of being a direct replacement for the OE SMIC (at least on the inlet side). The thickness of the aluminum is hugely greater than the OE, hence the much greater weight.

Last edited:
I think Alamo Motorsports used to sell a side mount upgrade way back when also.

So, you guys think it's an Alamo? It's different from the SMIC in that thread, did the design change over the years? The construction seems pretty darned heavy and given the thickness, I'm wondering about splash shield clearance.

OK, looks like you're right, just found it (or at least darned close).
Intercoolers, Cores & Castings

'89-'94 DSM Turbo Side Mount Intercooler (6"x6"x9") 2" In/ 2.25" Out (CAR-99030) $600.00

Just remeasured the inlet pipe and it is about 2" across the OD. The outlet is about 2-3/8" OD. Looks like the photo includes an extension adapter on the outlet.

Attachments

• Alamo89_94smic.jpg
    Alamo89_94smic.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 432
Hi Trevor,

I know, I know, this thread is 10 years old.

Had to ask, do you still have this Alamo side mount intercooler ?

Or do you remember who you sold it to?

I'm looking for for an Alamo 1G sidemount just like yours.

Thanks,
-Richard Silva-
'93 Talon TSi
O.G. Talon Digest member 96-2002
O.G. SoCal Club DSM member

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back