The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Trying to go turbo, but not ridiculous turbo, ya digg!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shabadoo

Probationary Member
Jan 31, 2003
H-Town_TX
I'm new to this website and the 2g n/t community. I just wanted to know if the Star turbo stage II kit is the one to buy versus the HRC stage II. They both claim about 275 whp, but differ in the price!!!

search for it .theres a lot of info about that on here.youll find it

off the top of my head, i'm sure one has more name brand parts, making it more expensive.

either one you get you will be happy with. but if all you want is some extra around the town pep, go with hrc. If you really want to make power go star.

275 whp no.

Most people dyno about 200whp at 8-10 psi.

Both kits are nice. I like Star although HRC is more newbie friendly.

Thanx for the advice on that. I think I'm gonna try the Star kit as soon as my income tax check comes in. I checked that Star kit out on here and it seems to have some big name parts included in the kit.

The only thing I know is the star instructions are about 3 pages while the HRC manual is like 20 some, but I need the extra instructions b/c I'm still a newbie, Good Luck I have heard good and bad about both.

i am pretty new to the dsm thing. lookin to put a stage 2 turbo on my 99 n/t , was wondering if i should hold off on buying my exhaust because of the size difference between the n/t and the turbo exhausts. any info and advice u sould give me would be a big help. i am good with cars but the import mod is something new to me so i will be learning as i go. thanx

If your gonna do it yourself I would say go with the HRC kit unless you have a pretty damn good understanding of how everything is supposed to go together, the Star instructions suck a$$ and offer almost no help. As far as power levels go the Star puts out a little more in either trim because of the turbo offered, but for that you get a little bit more lag, nothing to great though.

and ^^^^^ you definitely want to do your exhaust before or while your doing your turbo install, if not you might suffer from lower than expected power levels. You want to have a 2.5" min if your going turbo.....2.5" will do you right unless you plan on running sillious amounts of boost, but for the standard put it on and forget about it turbo install 2.5 will be plenty

yea bro, go with the n/a apex'i N1 catback, very nice, and a good price, thats what im planing to do. and i have a 97 RS Turbo

Originally posted by dudasd
If your gonna do it yourself I would say go with the HRC kit unless you have a pretty damn good understanding of how everything is supposed to go together, the Star instructions suck a$$ and offer almost no help. As far as power levels go the Star puts out a little more in either trim because of the turbo offered, but for that you get a little bit more lag, nothing to great though.
They suck huh? Mine came with 10 pages btw! Personally I like Hahn's support, but a turbokit it a turbo kit, no matter how you slice it, and to be honest they are easy to install, hand tools is all you need.

thanks for the info ......planned on the apex n1 ....... and after reading the info about the star and hahn turbo kits i am definitly going with the hahn.....havent figured out what stage yet.......maybe three or four....plan on redoin the engine anyway......might as well get all the pistons that come in the kit for hahn...but we will see what my wallet says

go with a stage 1 and get an innercooler of the classifieds, there are a million good deal!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back