The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Trying to get old car back

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christian Estep

Probationary Member
Feb 9, 2020
wilmington, North_Carolina
So to start off im no "mechanic" but as far as my 2g ive never paid a shop to do anything but the master cylinder bc i had no tume to do it, anyhow this story is about me getting my car back. I had 2, 2g eclipses, 1st one i owned was a stock nt 98 automatic gs, about 3 months later i bought a 96 rs 5speed. I had the rs for about 4 years. Had some bad luck got pulled for no license and they towed the car, i couldnt afford to get it back and at this point i lost all hope of getting the car back. That is untill i found out that the new owner was storing the car 5 blocks down the street from me. I talked to the guy and bc he's been looking for that version for so long he doesnt want to sell it. But also might change his mind. The most likely situation is that i find another 2g 5speed and trade it to him for my old car. Im looking for help. I live in Wilmington nc, this post is already pretty long and any questions about it i can answer later on the post but if i did it now it would take far to long. I let the car (due to finacial instability) get really far gone(when i bought the car the body was almost perfect) but due to a t-bone and water damage at this point literally everything needed to be replaced. I would literally give my life to get my car back if it wasnt for the fact that i cant drive it when im dead. And although i dont consider myself a mechanic i can do all repairs necessary to restore the car, its a peice of my history, my struggles in life, so if anyone can help me i need to find a 2g 5speed eclipse perferably blown up with minimal body work needed so i can buy that and trade it to this guy for my car back. Please im begging anyone who can help pls i love my dsm and would give anything to get it back. If you can help here is my phone 9109685640. As im new to this forum (first post) pls help if you can. I started ballin when i found out the new owner of my old dsm is only 5 blocks from my house if thats not a sign that my car is trying to come back to me idk what is thank yall for your time sorry the post is so long i hope someone reads this whole thing

It sounds like you were an irresponsible person at some point, hopefully things have changed, it should not be that hard to find a n/t 2g in a junk yard or on Facebook or Craigslist in that area if you look, I would expect to be able to find one for under 1k easily.

Ive tried going to junk yards they just tell me i can only get parts, on the other hand when the junk yard sells it to the scrap yard after "parting it out" i should be able buy one as scrap metal right?

Also wanted to add that they may not be the hardest cars to find if you consider the usa as a whole. If you however are only considering nc, finding one "cheap" and not unrepairable is far from an easy task

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back