The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Trying to buy a 2006 Eclipse GT

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firoj

Probationary Member
Sep 22, 2020
Mumbai, Indiana
This is the car I am wanting to buy.
http://www.1stopautowholesale.com/2006_Mitsubishi_Eclipse_NORFOLK_VA_228943126.veh

They want 2,500$ down because of my credit, and I don't have that at the moment. I do own a '97 Eclipse GS(420a) which is in great condition. When we bought the car My wife and I have spent a little over 3,000$ fixing it up (keeping everything stock); when we bought the car there was alot wrong with it. We got it for 600$ and the guy said it only needed a headgasket.... (We got new coolant system, headgasket, new head, sparkplugs, battery, ecu, tires, brake system, camshafts, timing belt, alternator, header and downpipe, few other things which are minor though.) The man I talked to on the phone suggested I could trade in our current car. I know we'd never get close to the amount of money we put into the car. The guy at the dealership mentioned we could get maybe 1500$ trade-in value of the car.
Was wanting to ask the 4g professionals if this would be worth it? Thanks for any input.

This is the car I am wanting to buy.

They want 2,500$ down because of my credit, and I don't have that at the moment. I do own a '97 Eclipse GS(420a) which is in great condition. When we bought the car My wife and I have spent a little over 3,000$ fixing it up (keeping everything stock); when we bought the car there was alot wrong with it. We got it for 600$ and the guy said it only needed a headgasket.... (We got new coolant system, headgasket, https://19216801.onl/ https://routerlogin.uno/ new head, sparkplugs, battery, ecu, tires, brake system, camshafts, timing belt, alternator, header and downpipe, few other things which are minor though.) The man I talked to on the phone suggested I could trade in our current car. I know we'd never get close to the amount of money we put into the car. The guy at the dealership mentioned we could get maybe 1500$ trade-in value of the car.
Was wanting to ask the 4g professionals if this would be worth it? Thanks for any input.

A 2006 Eclipse GT is a totally different car than the DSM badged cars, I would search for a forum that supports this year and ask your questions there, if you are asking if $1500 is a good deal on a trade-in for a 420A equipped 2G then the answer would be yes at a dealer, the most you would probably get in a private sale is $2k or so if it is very very clean.

I assumed he was asking what his 97 gs was worth as a trade in and if $1500 is fair? Although regardless of which car it is we would need more info.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back