The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G troubleshooting dead gauges

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solson1041

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 25, 2010
Indianapolis, Indiana
Hey guys, I have a 93 tsi and all my gauges are dead except the speedometer. The fuse is fine, but I did notice one pair of black wires is dangling. one end of it goes up into the dash and I can't trace it further, the other is hanging. It was taped/looped in with the plug that hangs just to the right of the fuse box. I have no idea what this small pair of wires does, (like how two headphone wires run together) or where they go or if they might even be my problem. Any help would be appreciated, I think I'm having water pump issues and I really can't be driving this thing without my gauges.

Any advice? Is there a particular plug down there that runs these gauges which may be loose? It went out intermittently and I would go down to try to find the problem, and over the course of jiggling things around as I looked for a lose connection, the gauges would come back on, but now finally they're off. I don't know if this is cause that lose wire finally broke or what, but ANY help would be appreciated, I don't even know where to start since the fuses are fine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back