The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Trouble with boost control. 2g dsm ecm link v3.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93'colttsi

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 28, 2007
Chilliwack, BC_Canada
So my problem is when I enable boost control, I just get wastegate pressure. I tried to set my base duty cycle table to 35 %, 50% and 95% across the board and I still just get wastegate pressure. I'm using ECM link v3 with a mac 3 port solenoid, hooked up using both ports on the external 38mm tial wastegate. Originally I hooked everything up, and left the "body control enabled" unchecked... which just reverts to oem bcs control ( always 100% DC when engine running) which explains why I was getting uncontrolled boost with the option not turned on. It's a GST so I'm trying to setup boost by gear.

Found out with the "enable boost control" unchecked, it is normal for the ecu to ground out the BCS at 100% duty as the stock BCS is closed when off. ( explains why when I dont have boost control checked, it runs too much boost) I'll have to use the scope on the control wire to see what's actually happening with the BCS duty cycle if its changing as requested in the base duty table. One thing I'm not mentioning also is that I'm running this car on 2g Maf so I do not have any map sensor signal being input to the ECU. Not sure if that will effect anything or cause my problem

Any help.would.be appreciated.

Okay I guess this confirms this forums is dead. Thanks for the help guys. Not even one post!! Rock on!

Might need to calm down some, but I understand the frustration at not getting help or even a peep for a few months. I've noticed that if things are posted between certain (late night, early morning) times, they easily get overlooked on here unless you're hunting the specific subforum. I typically don't respond if I dont have knowledge or anything helpful to provide, but I'll give it a shot here.

To preface, I don't run EBC yet, and haven't read a ton on it, so bear that in mind.

From what you've stated in your setup, it seems like a faulty solenoid to me, and getting active readings with a scope would help diag. that possibility

You say you're not running a map, which makes you're boost-by-gear goal fairly difficult to dial in the boost curve, but still possible with enough time. My question here is: how are you monitoring boost? Mechanical or electric gauge?

I'll read up some more, but AFAI can tell a faulty solenoid makes the most sense if your hose and wiring routing/condition is all good and you've double checked it.

If I remember correctly, the BCS is ground side switched: when the ECU grounds the BCS at a certain duty cycle, the BCS opens bleeding off some air, allowing the turbo to build more than wastegate pressure. When the BCS sees either no power or ground, it fails in a closed position as a fail-safe. Since open circuit is closed on the stock BCS, with boostcontrol unchecked in DSMLink, the ECU should not be applying constant ground. Unchecking ECU boost control in DSMLink would not cause it to remain open constantly--would be a good way to blow up an engine.

Last edited:
Did you push the little red button on top the EBC? Is it making a clicking noise?

Post a screenshot of your boost control tab settings.

Also, confirm the wastegate is FUNCTIONAL by running JUST the lines and NOT the EBC.

Simple things you could have done for the "month" you been awaiting a response. I'm sure this has been asked before.

Why didn’t you go with the INgersol solenoid ECM link recommends you to use? I had a MAC solenoid also but I refused to use it due to the specs ECM link says were required to run with the ECU. They post the specs of the IW solenoid and its compatibility with the ECU drivers. Maybe I am wrong but I did not want to chance it. As soon as I installed the Ingersol solenoid car had boost control and everything worked right away.
Sounds like you have a dead solenoid as someone posted before.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back