The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

trouble getting the right idle speed control motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

210 dsm

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 6, 2007
san antonio, Texas
ok heres my little dilemma. for the longest freaking time ive been drivin my little deathbeast around with ridiculous idle serge because of a dead ISC motor. and i finally got around to buying one of those expensive little idle motors today and i think i could have had a 91' non turbo idle motor in my car (previous owner) the WHOLE TIME:sosad:...my car is a 90' and requires a specific ISC motor, anyway i took a pic of the new one i bought today for a 90', in hopes that someone can verify that the new motor is the one thats supposed to be in a 1990 model. i dont have a pic on the old one that i found out was from a non turbo 1991 model but it was very different from the new one.

the 91' non-turbo's ISC motor is all black and has the electrical connector built in to the body of it. not in cable harness form. the difference in the two is clear in the pic's of the 1990 ISC motor::::::

Attachments

• Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 184
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 191
Check for boost leaks. Most likely your FIAV (Fast Idle air valve) is shot. Just do a search on FIAV and you'll find some interesting information. I have an issue with idle surge in my car and I'm pritty sure its that.

yeah 1990 is the only year they had a pigtail on them. from what you described, your old ISC is the revised one that is worth a lot to most dsmers, it was designed to take the heat better over time then the metal one. and turbo and no-turbo 4g63's all use the same type of ISC except for the 1990 DSM.

need2boostpsi is right. That ISC is for a 90 model only, turbo or not. You have to install the ISC that matches your TB. Sounds like yours is upgraded to the 91-94 style. It will have all 4 vacuum lines on top. While a 90 style has 2 nipples on the top. Try and get the updated black housing ISC when you do get another one.

i already got rid of the black one:sosad:... but the one in the pic is the one i bought. even though its not the best ISC motor to go with, will it still do the job in the meantime?

and my throttle body is the one with two nipples on the top and two nipples on the side of it. my harness that the pigtail comes from was stretched alot to make the connection in the ISC, thats how i knew it was wrong. even though you say its kinda a upgrade, i still prefure the metal ISC so im not stretching the pigtail and wires. when it gos out again ill just jack another one from my work.ROFL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back