The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink Trouble Calibrating AFR with Autometer Wideband/Link

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StrokerMax

Proven Member
Mar 27, 2014
Colorado Spring, Colorado
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction for my tuning problem.

I have FIC 2150's, a Walboro 450, and all aftermarket fuel lines and rail running 100% E85. I'm having a problem tuning my AFR with ECMlink. At 18-20PSI boost my AFR might start at 12 and then creep up to 14 through the gear at WOT. My AFR estimate in ECMlink isn't matching the reading with my Wideband... Its way off. For example: my open loop max octane table will be set at 9.5 and the wideband shows my AFR is 12 and creeping to 14. I just want it to hold 12.

I'm still running the stock front O2 and my wideband is tapped in the O2 housing as well. I'm assuming the problem has more to do with calibrating my wideband with ECMlink than running out of fuel pump. Maybe I'm wrong.

I have an Autometer C2 digital Wideband (7178). I'm wishing I went with the Innovative or AEM as it seems like they are easier to pair with ECMlink. I'm not looking to eliminate my stock O2 or anything. Just looking for the easiest method to ensure accurate AFR tuning. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction for my tuning problem.

I have FIC 2150's, a Walboro 450, and all aftermarket fuel lines and rail running 100% E85. I'm having a problem tuning my AFR with ECMlink. At 18-20PSI boost my AFR might start at 12 and then creep up to 14 through the gear at WOT. My AFR estimate in ECMlink isn't matching the reading with my Wideband... Its way off. For example: my open loop max octane table will be set at 9.5 and the wideband shows my AFR is 12 and creeping to 14. I just want it to hold 12.

I'm still running the stock front O2 and my wideband is tapped in the O2 housing as well. I'm assuming the problem has more to do with calibrating my wideband with ECMlink than running out of fuel pump. Maybe I'm wrong.

I have an Autometer C2 digital Wideband (7178). I'm wishing I went with the Innovative or AEM as it seems like they are easier to pair with ECMlink. I'm not looking to eliminate my stock O2 or anything. Just looking for the easiest method to ensure accurate AFR tuning. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Are you referring to the actual wideband gauge reading or the logged wideband reading in ECMLink.

If it's just the logged reading, you'll have to calibrate it in ECMLink. The Autometer widebands only output a 0-4 volt signal (not 0-5 volts). There is no specific calculation for the Autometer widebands in ECMLink. You'll have to log it as Linear Wideband. After you have it set up on the ECU Inputs tab (make sure to save the pin assignments) and added it to your Captured Values, start a log. Stop the log and double click on Linear Wideband in the legend under the graph. This will bring up the Linear Wideband preferences. You'll have to fill in the Min/Max volts and Min/Max Lambda boxes.

Set the Minimum volts to zero.
Set the Maximum volts to 4 volts.

For the Lambda settings, since the Autometer 7178 is programmable for Min/Max AFR's, you'll have to determine what those settings are. To convert AFR to Lambda, just divide AFR by 14.7.

For example:
If your Minimum AFR is set at 10:
10 / 14.7 = .665 Lambda

If your Maximum AFR is set at 18:
18 / 14.7 = 1.22 Lambda

Jim

Thanks Jim. That is exactly what I'm looking for!

My wideband isn't even wired to my ECU yet. I guess doing that is the first step. I have been searching for instructions on how to complete the wiring. I found this thread that the guy wired his Wideband into the ECU port for his rear O2. My rear O2 is already disconnected so maybe this would work for me.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/aem-uego-wideband-install.266345/

He has an AEM Uego but I assume its the same process with an Autometer. Let me know if I'm wrong. My wideband is in the front O2 housing so hopefully that won't make a difference.

Thank you,

Jeremy

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back