The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Tree limb fell on my project WTD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sirius1995

Proven Member
Jun 15, 2021
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
So another day in paradise right, I was prepping my 2g to get painted for restoration after sitting a year on my yard (bought as broken)
And it's been just rain and storms past 2 months, and this morning I noticed that a huge limp fell on my TSi and qarter panel is smashed.
I do have one roller GS 2ga, would I be able to weld on a quarter panel from it or what should I do, I could hammer it from inside and body fill it close to straight.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I have history in the body shop world, and it depends what you want, if you want perfect, slap a now quarter on, but in my opinion that's overkill especially if its rust free.

The damaged area is super easy to access to pop out, with some hammer / dolly and with possibly a mini sledge and filler it will look like new if you know how to use them. A pin gun would probably be useful too but if you don't have one I wouldn't justify the cost for the little you'd use it.

Rent or borrow a puller! That will come out farly well and final shape will fine tuning from the inside. Dont give up and fix this dink. Also trim trees above incase to stop it from doing this again.

Your best solution will be to contact a company/individual who does paintless dent removal (PDR). They work from the outside of the dent inward. If you attempt to "help" them by doing any pulling/pushing yourself, it will make their job much harder. If you have comprehensive in your insurance coverage, it will cover the cost of this repair. IF you can't afford a PDR service, then at least watch a bunch of YT videos on dent pulling/body work so that it will go as smoothly as possible for you.

Sorry to see what happened. Best of luck, and show us the painted finished car when you are finished.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back