The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Tre stage 3 or 4

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacolu3

Proven Member
Jan 31, 2015
Lake Grove, New_York
Planning on ordering a tre tranny soon and still debating between stage 3 or 4. Both of them I will be going with the tre 4 spider diff.
My goal awhp is 400.
My mods are eagle rods, wiseco forged Pistons 9.5:1, arp L19 head studs, 280 delta cams, gsc beehive springs and retainers, and a Fp HTA 68. Not planning of reving higher than 8500 rpm.
Not trying to cheap put just curious if it's worth the extra money for me to get the stage 4.
The car is not daily driven. Just a weekend car.

Thanks
Brian

I would say email Jon TRE and ask him for his input. I did and he ended up calling me a couple times to discuss my build. He gave me his recommendations with my mods and plans.

Stage 3 will be plenty, you don't even need anything special maybe a stock refresh at that level. These transmissions can last if driven carefully.

i had a stage 3 back in 2009 and it shifted wonderfully with a HX35 at 38psi.

Stage 3 will be plenty, you don't even need anything special maybe a stock refresh at that level. These transmissions can last if driven carefully.

i had a stage 3 back in 2009 and it shifted wonderfully with a HX35 at 38psi.

Unfortunately I have not heard back from my email last week so now I'm leaning towards Jacks transmission since they've started building dsm trannys again

Honestly...stock rebuild and a good clutch. They're all just stock parts anyways.

Unfortunately I have not heard back from my email last week so now I'm leaning towards Jacks transmission since they've started building dsm trannys again

That sounds like him, he is a very nice guy but his communication leaves a lot to be desired.
I believe he is a 1 man show.

I run a tre Transmission it's built with everything I'll need for the street and then some all goodies 90 gear hub and all the new parts including shot peened gears and gear detail nice that he's 15 minutes from my house. I'm ok not worried just tell him what your plans for the car are. He hooked me up third rebuild over the years.

Jacks is doing Dsm rebuilds again? Interesting!

Yeah when I didn't hear back from tre I started looking around and found they were back doing dsms.
I'm not ready for my transmission to be rebuilt yet but I think I'll give Tre another chance before I make my final choice

I was considering tre as well, I know he's been doing it a long time! I'm not quite ready yet either but it won't be long. Good luck whoever you end up going with I'm sure It will be quality work.

Jon knows his trannys I would go with him. On my 2nd one and it's also a different dsm. Just tell him what your goals are and he will hook you up and no bullshit over pricing either. He does excellent work. He's been doing dsms since the 90's. I only trust him with my trans.

Are they even open? I tried calling today and the number was disconnected.

I just called Jon, his number is not disconnected.

Email him at [email protected]

Regarding the op build, a comprehensive rebuild with a 4-spider is plenty. I.e. stage 3 equivalent.

I'd plug myself but I'm pretty booked currently.

OP were you able to get a hold of Jon? I emailed him last week but I haven't heard back yet. I'm also in the same boat as you. My goal is 400-500hp until I get my engine built for next year.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back