The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Trboblu - 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The last two runs in the video were launched off the 2-step. All the ones before were not. Since we were playing the survival game with drag week, we decided that soft launches would fair better despite taking a hit on the 60-ft times. So yeah, it did bog.

The 2-step is set at 5500.

Congrats getting into the 11's next year mine will be at least on the road LOL. Just got her running gotta fix some small stuff and tune for sd, and some turbo and fuel upgrades. We have a nice track here about 20 minutes away we call It midnight madness at the Martin speedway.

Thanks! Hey getting on the road is step one! :)

Here's a compilation video form drag week:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1jDZI9Pi8k&feature=c4-overview&list=UUKFuwbk7FT0KWOjxZRxhfTQ]Hot Rod Drag Week - 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Well, I got my first 11-sec timeslip last night! :) Amazing what launching it off the 2-step will do. I still need to work on the shifting, but was thrilled to be able to get into the 11's without the driver mod. ;)

it was an 11.92@117mph. That is a new best MPH for the car, too!

here's the video of the two 11 sec runs:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_5VivCAYX8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUKFuwbk7FT0KWOjxZRxhfTQ]TrboBlu's 11-sec Runs - YouTube[/ame]

Lol needs nos.
;)

Here's a pretty cool video a friend of mine shot at drag week using the Gopro 120fps:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQJPIfEhlSA]Hot Rod Drag Week 2013 Day 1 JT Talon Launch Slow Motion - YouTube[/ame]

Had no idea the car actually spins the wheels that much. It's really neat to see the AWD working!

Debating on some things for the winter.... However, this may have to wait until we figure out a garage situation.

To cage the car or not? With its current setup, it's close to that 11.49 mark; so any turbo change or even trying to push this turbo harder, and won't be able to hot-lap it at a track. Unless it's a track that doesn't care. I'm not to thrilled about adding more weight back into it, or the fact it takes some of the interior usability away. I also wanted to look into getting the car repainted, so I guess this would be a good time for that to be done. Just don't know.

Kinda jealous of the 2008+ cars right now. According to the NHRA new rules, anything 2008+ or newer can run into the 10's without a cage due to their safety advancements.

Debating on some things for the winter.... However, this may have to wait until we figure out a garage situation.

To cage the car or not? With its current setup, it's close to that 11.49 mark; so any turbo change or even trying to push this turbo harder, and won't be able to hot-lap it at a track. Unless it's a track that doesn't care. I'm not to thrilled about adding more weight back into it, or the fact it takes some of the interior usability away. I also wanted to look into getting the car repainted, so I guess this would be a good time for that to be done. Just don't know.

Kinda jealous of the 2008+ cars right now. According to the NHRA new rules, anything 2008+ or newer can run into the 10's without a cage due to their safety advancements.

I know what you mean, I know safety standards are higher these days but seriously!

Putting a rollbar/cage in a streetcar usually sucks, but it depends on how often you want to track it and how much you care about the safety aspect. I'd probably do swingouts on the doors in the least so you can climb in and out easier

But, that car would look sick going 10's with the green on street tires! Just saying

I guess you'd have to look at how much of a street car it'll be and how the track reacts once you break that 11.4 mark. I know that I personally I like the fact that your car is a nice example of a DSM in street form, so I'd vote to press your luck and go without the cage:cool:

Thanks for the comments!

Yeah, I may try to push my luck some more with it and see. :) Just trying to make some plans, as if it does go for paint, would like to do all the body modifications prior to that.

I really can't wait to try out the green. :)

This is on 25psi. With 110 octane. It does spike boost pressure to around 28 but settles at 25

It runs 12.4s @ 18 psi on pump 93

Did some checks on the car over the weekend, as I was going to take it out one more time. Found this:

IMG-20131026-02676_zpsd144a203.jpg

IMG-20131026-02679_zps952fe70b.jpg

needless to say, was very glad to have taken the time to do a check on it! But kinda lost as to where that bolt came from and how it got in the timing belt area!

I am picking up a new belt today, so we'll see if this is something that will be tackled now for one last trip out, or for spring.

Oh man you got lucky that didn't wipe out the belt then the head.

I vote for tossing the race gas, upgrade the turbo, then go for the same times on pump gas. Then you can decide on a cage or not.

Sure did!

At first I was disappointed, since I was going to take it racing; but considering what *could* have happened, this was better. Also if the belt broke at the track, I would have never known the cause of it.

So lucky OMG glad ya check that in time..good looking out voice in her head..LOL

On a side note hows that cf hatch holding up ? I got mine to put on but have been hearing bad things about it shrinking?

117. Sweeeett

The hatch still appears to be the same. It does spend most of its time under a car cover, but still would be effected by temperatures. I also put a good coat of polish and wax on it for uv protection.

Installed a new timing belt over the weekend, so got it out for a sunday test drive/photo drive.
talonfall_zpsdbd6d0b7.jpg

fall_9_zps1021f6a2.jpg

fall_7_zpsb475f0f3.jpg

Planning on hitting the track again this weekend. Not sure how it'll go, since its colder and traction is iffy. But need the practice none the less.

:)

Thanks so much!!

Oh, and if you are curious, that bolt that came loose belongs to the little aluminium bracket that bolts to the head, in which the middle timing cover bolts to. Needless to say, those were loc-tighted this time around. There are two bolts for that bracket, and the other one was also loose.

Thanks so much!!

Oh, and if you are curious, that bolt that came loose belongs to the little aluminium bracket that bolts to the head, in which the middle timing cover bolts to. Needless to say, those were loc-tighted this time around. There are two bolts for that bracket, and the other one was also loose.

That was a close one for sure. Thank goodness you noticed it when you did and it didn't break the belt yet. :)

SO glad!!! :)

Timing belt is one thing, smashed valves and damaged pistons are another. ha!

However, I do have a spare head just in case. But would rather not have to use it under those circumstances!

I understand I have a spare block and head for future builds glad you found that bolt im always looking for loose stuff, and take account for bolts when I have my timing cover off. Did a engine build about years ago 12 and had a bolt fall down in the timing cover, pulled the cover off and there it was.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back