The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Trboblu - 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've considered putting the spoiler back on it. I don't know if I want to drill into that hatch, though. So for now, I'm going to run it spoilerless and see if it will grow on me. Always have loved the high rise spoiler... adds so much character. We shall see. :)

The OEM hatch weighs in at 30# without the glass. This CF piece weighs about 8# So even retaining the OE glass, its still a significant weight reduction. So much so that I don't think I'll be able to use the hatch struts, as they are too strong now. LOL! Might just try one. He did clear it, not sure how many coats or what not, though. I am putting a coat of wax on it right now.

More pics of the hatch with glass installed and adjusted:
DSC_6287_zps21dc6623.jpg
DSC_6298_zpsce64ef84.jpg
DSC_6300_zps95d677d1.jpg
DSC_6302_zps3534e8a4.jpg
DSC_6311_zpsb3252e8e.jpg
DSC_6327_zps4f2c58ad.jpg

Thanks! :) It's taking some getting used to, but I think it's growing on me! The 2gb Talon spoiler was one of me fav OEM spoilers ever, so it was/is hard to give it up. haha!

Yes, Shane, 22 pounds! That's pretty significant! You know.. you should pester Brian about his CF hatch on the white car he will never do anything with. ;)

Lol, you know Brian, his plans change everyday for that poor car. He'll yell at me one day to come over and put his car together, and the next when I actually offer to he says it's not worth it because he wants to change so much and he wouldn't be happy with it. I might snag his odyssey battery he isn't going to use now though.

I know what you mean about the 2gb talon spoiler though, it is the best looking spoiler imho. However, I think the car looks "tougher" in it's current configuration, especially with the new wheels.

Oil leak appears to be fixed or significantly reduced. :) Drove the car around for 3 hours the other day to burn through the old gas.

Yesterday spend the day converting the car to speed density, as well as swapping in the 850cc injectors. Since I'm going to be getting the car tuned on 110 (and thus maybe more boost!), figured the extra injector wouldn't hurt.

The best part of this conversion was actually being able to use a scrap piece of aluminum left over from a friend's intercooler piping project. It was perfect!
scrappiecethatfits_zps096bd6ef.jpg

Just needed the bung for the IAT welded:
scrappiecethatfits_1_zps30b91755.jpg

Was thrilled, as nothing ever end that easily with a dsm! ;)

Car started up and idled great. Now just have to wait until Thursday for the dyno tuning to get her back in good running shape!

Before:
maf_enginebay_zps330428b3.jpg

After:
sd_conversion_zps089bb84a.jpg

sd_conversion_1_zpsde957ac2.jpg

Looking great love the intercooler pipe nice and clean, just got running again, cant wait to swap over to sd.

Congrats on saving a blue 2g!!! One of the nicest looking dsms ive ever seen.

Id love to see it with some side strakes.

Thank you so much! Means a lot to me, as this car is far from perfect nor a show car. I do have the side stakes, and will probably end up installing them this fall when the car goes in for paint. :)

Looking great love the intercooler pipe nice and clean, just got running again, cant wait to swap over to sd.

Congrats!! :) I heard nothing but good things about SD, so we shall see! Car goes in Thursday over at Boostin Performance to get the tune all dialed in. Can't wait to see what tiny numbers it will put down. haha!

Thank you so much! Means a lot to me, as this car is far from perfect nor a show car. I do have the side stakes, and will probably end up installing them this fall when the car goes in for paint. :)

You deserve the credit. It's tough making a cars this old look good!

That's great, the strakes will really set it off.

I love the carbon hatch. I agree with you that the high rise wing adds character but its too pretty to cut up LOL.

Took her in to get tuned on 110 and speed density. Car ended up making 343HP/327TQ! I was really surprised by this since it is on the infamous "heartbreaker" Mustang Dyno. I swear, Devin works some kind of voo-doo magic or something.

This is still on the 16g that I've been running for a few years now. I'm kinda happy that decided to stick it out with the 16g one more season... nice to know what its actually capable of.

Time to hit the track! :)
dynotalon_zps20cc97da.jpg
dynotalon_1_zps68889ee4.jpg
dynotalon_6_zps93625115.jpg

Thank you! :)

Here's the dyno video I put together:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKPG05slvt8]TrboBlu - Mustang Dyno - Tuning - YouTube[/ame]

Finally got tot he bottom of the intermittent no charge from the alternator which evolved into no charge at all: broken wire on the alternator relay. It must have been cut before, causing the intermittent faiure; then just broke off. Fixed the wiring, cleaned off the corrosion, and bam! 13.5-14V again. :)

Glad to hear you got that fixed a simple one at that, unlike my pistons ring shot time for some forged stuff.

Thanks, yea me too... had a few people think it was going to end up being an ECU problem. Glad it wasn't!

Sorry to hear! That's never fun... :( But I'm sure you'll have it back together in no time!

Washed/waxed the car the other day to get it ready for the Shelby Dodge event this weekend and Monster Mopar the following. I also replaced the cluster with a new/used one to see if that was the problem with the fuel gauge. It is reading differently, and also it lights up the oil pressure gauge now, RPM gauge doesn't randomly drop out, and the battery light works now. So here's to hoping it was just a bad cluster.

readytorollsdac_zps0c14ffb9.jpg

So so sooooo clean!! I always have to click on your thread when ever it comes up!! CLean amazing build!

On the gauge cluster... my 96 grand am had that happen. when I put a different cluster in it solved the issues. It was like the circuit board shorted its self out. So you should be all set now.

Thanks!!

The cluster did seem to be the issue. The fuel gauge is working now. :)

Took the car to Indy this past weekend (and this weekend) for the Shelby Dodge Auto Club's annual event. (I am on the board of directors for the club) and for Monster Mopar this weekend. Drove it 250 miles down on the rest of the race gas that was in the tank. What a fine use for it, huh? LOL... Car still has some left when I got there, too! So autocrossed it on Saturday. :) It's running off a mix of 93 and 110 currently, so the fun time is over. ha! However, it will be playing show car this weekend, so it's ok. Speaking of shows, it did take 2nd in the "special interest" class we had at the Shelby Dodge show.

DSC_4190copy_zpsebd2bf0a.jpg
talonsmall_zps0df6b07d.jpg
DSC_3064copy_zpsf5a613bc.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back