The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Trapped far from home

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

architechnik

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 21, 2007
Glad, Oregon
My oil return line blew out today. I guess it was all corroded and it finally decided to heave all over the engine bay today. Now I'm stuck 50 miles from home and all the parts stores nearby are closed.

As soon as the turbo kicks in it sprays oil EVERYWHERE... at least it's on the underside. Campus computer labs are life savers; maybe I'll sleep here tonight.

Anyone else have fun commuter stories?

Those return lines must be the worst fcuking design by Mitsubishi. They leaked from the factory, i don't know that for sure, but i wouldn't be surprised. I have gaskets, and nice hex bolts for them on my $90 return line out of an fitting and they leak. I am amazed how terrible those things suck, and how bad the oil pan connection sucks too. Whoa, that was a rant.

James :laser::talon:

Lets see, dead of winter last year, no snow of course, its PA, light rain, at a stop light, car idle surging like crazy, the norm, and the car shuts off. Try to turn back on, no power. Fcuk. The damn battery connection. Took me 10 minutes, cops and mom to come make sure i was alright. ROFL I know if i fix it, the dsm gremlin inside the bay will just break it again. So i trek on letting him mess around. Most days he behaves. Also last summer, driving down the road at night, about 3 minutes from home. Car just randomly shut off. Try to turn it back on, the gremlin killed my ecu, that bastard. The tow guy was nice though. His daughter didn't know how to add 60 plus 18 and i got away with a free tow. :D So, now i have a STEVE certified socketed eprom ecu.

Earlier I spent a good 4 hours getting all the things I needed, sawing off the accordion piece, and finding the right size hose. This of course was after a broken saw blade, wrong clamps, wrong hose, and working in a parking lot that was on a hill with one end jacked up just to get under the car.

I now have a hybrid original/aftermarket version of the oil return line. The do-it-right philosophy really kicked my asterisk with all the special measures I took in making this the best dag-blasted hose created out of the garage.

Earlier I spent a good 4 hours getting all the things I needed, sawing off the accordion piece, and finding the right size hose. This of course was after a broken saw blade, wrong clamps, wrong hose, and working in a parking lot that was on a hill with one end jacked up just to get under the car.

I now have a hybrid original/aftermarket version of the oil return line. The do-it-right philosophy really kicked my asterisk with all the special measures I took in making this the best dag-blasted hose created out of the garage.

Nice. :thumb::thumb: But im sure it'll find a way to leak like extra bolts seem to find their way into my fender cubbies after working on my car. :confused:WTF

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used high-temp rtv sealant on the gaskets and #2 permatex on the bolts. I used rtv sealant between the hoses and the pipe before I clamped them down. I then heated it all up one cycle and retorqued everything. If that thing leaks I'll put a bullet in it and buy the one off of ExtremePSI's website.

And LOL about the cubbie holes. I always called them under-hood storage shelfs along with the cup by the hood latch.

That has to be the most crazy original/aftermarket drain pipe eva. Send a pic to your local mitsubishi dealer with anthrax saying how this is what a real drain pipe is!

Lol for the under-hood storage shelfs.

What thread and pitch? Ok. Give me a second while i look in my underhood storage shelfs! ROFL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back