The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Transmissions and mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99gst_spyder

Probationary Member
Jun 27, 2010
Atlanta, Illinois
Just bought a completely stock 99gst spyder Auto, wandering can i take the transmission out of a talon that i have into my eclipse???? also what would be the best mods to start with???

I had a talon until a wrecked it and it was a 5 speed but i just got this spyder which is an automatic. I didn't want an automatic but it was to good of a deal and i didn't know if I could put the talon transmission in the eclipse. my bad for the confusion

I had a talon until a wrecked it and it was a 5 speed but i just got this spyder which is an automatic. I didn't want an automatic but it was to good of a deal and i didn't know if I could put the talon transmission in the eclipse. my bad for the confusion

ooooohhhhh...ok gotcha, ok first off if your going to build your car for drag racing your best bet would be to build the auto tranny cause their cheap to build and they put the power to the ground alot better then a five speed. but to answer your question if both cars are (2g turbos)but if im not mistaking youd have to change tranny harnesses, then yes you can. but you could prob build an auto tranny that can hold 800whp for around a grand if you know what your doing and looking for. and get the (tcu) chipped.:thumb:

thanks man. I still don't know what i want to do with it yet but thats why im glad its all stock.

I just bought new headers, a chip, and a new hks blow-off valve, but i was wandering what would the best intake for my car be?

well if you are going to do this work what you need to do if you just bought the bov get a hard pipe inner cooler set up your best bet would be to get a front mount and with that sed get a 1g awd turbo which is a little bigger that the stock t25 you have on the stock gst, the 1g is a 14b and if you want to go with a bigger turbo then dont waste your money on a 1g just go for the evo big 16g and get a maf translator and a gm 3 inch maf and youll be good to go turbo wise

then intake wise if you dont go with the maft then you can look around for a hard tunnel style intake that goes right on to your stock maf

well if you are going to do this work what you need to do if you just bought the bov get a hard pipe inner cooler set up your best bet would be to get a front mount and with that sed get a 1g awd turbo which is a little bigger that the stock t25 you have on the stock gst, the 1g is a 14b and if you want to go with a bigger turbo then dont waste your money on a 1g just go for the evo big 16g and get a maf translator and a gm 3 inch maf and youll be good to go turbo wise

then intake wise if you dont go with the maft then you can look around for a hard tunnel style intake that goes right on to your stock maf

your giving good advice, but how is he going to tune all of this? GET DSMLINK 1ST!!!!:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back