The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

transmission shift solenoid

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyecatcher

Probationary Member
Mar 8, 2014
san tan valley, Arizona
I have a 99 spyder gs with a f4a23
Throwing code p1750 the shift solenoid code.
She will reverse, and I have to start her out in first, yet can eventually manually shift to second and drive
While diving she won't shift up or down herself.
She has had a whole tranny( non electrical ) rebuild, and I installed a tranny cooler( I live in az)

Does anyone know how to get to the solenoid? Or if the code can be something else?

If the code is for a Shift Solenoid, that is most likely your problem. OBDII system is quite accurate.

It could also however, throw that code if you don't have enough fluid in your trans. Run through all the gears a few times first and check it in neutral with the car running and at operating temp.

As to where it is located...it's inside your transmission. Sucks, I know. Luckily you can test them at the connectors where they plug into the TCU. This link will help you out.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/automatic-tranny/322887-resolved-p1750-transmission-solenoid-pack.html#post151740455

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back