The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Transmission Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harperd44

Probationary Member
Jul 20, 2016
Logansport, Indiana
I have a 1999 Mitsubishi GSX that had a bad transmission. I had a guy take the transmission out of a 97 Eagle Talon and put it in my car but now it wont move forward at all with the transmission computer hooked up. With it out it would go into reverse and start off in third gear when it was in drive. I took the solenoids out of the Mitsubishi transmission and installed them into the Eagle talon transmission but does the same thing when the computer is hooked up. When the computer isn't hooked up it will start off in first when it is in drive. I checked both computers and have gotten no codes for either one. Does anyone know what could possibly cause this problem?

I'm not familiar with the gsx but is there a neutral safety switch? Possibly trying that... wish I could help more. Edit: try cleaning your contacts?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back