The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

transmission or rear end

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hooah

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2003
Olathe, Kansas
Ok so going down the road today i see a vett.....being that i have a dsm it went into auto pilot on me and started to rise in rpm's well at about 3500 - 4k it feels like i hit a wall and the rear tires lock up (leaving 2 nice black marks) i pull over and its bucking and dies well i try to start it and it wont start (like its in first but its really in neutral) 1st 3rd and 5th wont engage, so i wiggle the shifter and i get all gears...i turn on the car and try to go and i hear a wining from the back...i think its becuase there is no fluid...after changing the fluid i try again and i hear popping so i stop, i tow it and when the guy is lifting it on his bed its still popping and kind of jerking...now comes the problem.......should i

a) try to fix it because i dont have a job to pay someone else to do it
b) i dont know what the #### im doing so i should take it to someone
c) blow it up and claim insurance
d) bi*** and moan until someone answers my post so i would even know where to start?!

any help is greatly appreciated :dsm:

your transfer case locked up due to having NO fluid in it. Only one of the biggest recalls for our cars. Consider yourself lucky that nobody was hurt. Go buy another tcase and slap it on.

should i buy one or take it to mitsu? and u were right about the no fluid...my friends and i tried to put a new clutch in...drained fluid, hardly anything came out so i filled it back up but i guess the damage was already done

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back