The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Transmission Leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thugmaster1220

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 26, 2011
Woodstock, Illinois
Hi everyone!
I've got a 97 gsx awd automatic that's dumping out trans fluid.
Since I'm not much of a trans guy, I'm wondering what are the possible places you can leak trans fluid from?

I see a lot of people have issues with it leaking from the transfercase. That is not my issue. I can physically see it coming right out of the trans.

I dropped the trans once and replaced the seal the torque converter sits on, I believe it's referred to as the input shaft seal.

Now I'm not sure what to fix next. It does not leak when the car is parked. Only when you turn it on and move it through park/reverse.

If someone could tell me what other locations in the trans could cause this that would be very helpful? I have hunch that it's torque converter, could that be it?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back