The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

420A Transmission drain nut

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rigoberto

Probationary Member
Aug 24, 2019
El Cajon, California
Anyone know where the transmission drain nut is at on a 98 eclipse gs I’m trying to drain the fluid to get to my clutch cause it needs to be replace

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It's a bolt not a nut, the size is M14x1.5 near the bottom of the differential. Not a bad idea to replace it with a magnetic one, the magnet inside the transmission is probably already covered in shavings and won't catch many more.

Transmission holds 2.3 quarts of fluid. Mopar ATF +4 works, 10w-30 high mileage oil works, and synchromesh works.

to refill it, you can remove the back up light switch and fill it thru the hole.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Transmission holds 2.3 quarts of fluid.
its 2.1 quarts.
i always hated buying a 3rd quart just for the point 1.
and then there is trying to eyeball 1/10 of a quart, not the easiest thing to do. And i probably didn't even need to add more than 2 because im sure there was 0.1 qts that stayed in the tranny.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back