The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Transmission/Clutch Or Both

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matafact

Probationary Member
Mar 11, 2011
Peoria, Illinois
Car specs, 97 eclipse rs/ 420a non turbo/ 5-sp manual.

Evereything is basially stock it is my starter car.

Problem
Lately I have been having problems shifting, I can shift 1st and 2nd gear fine then I try to hit 3rd gear and it will grind until a certain rpm or if I mash the cluth as hard as I can, and finally go in. I have just been using 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th because of this.

Randomly ( usually) in 1st gear it feel like it doesnt go in all the way and will pop out or gear and all of my gears have a pop feel on the shifter when I am shifting,

Tried fixing
I have bled the clutch already, and been to 3 shops for a diagonosis, but they just drive it around the block and tell me different things every time.

Optional Question
Basically, does anyone know what this is, if not I am just going to buy a tranny, but eclipse trannys are very hard to come by in my area ( within 400 miles ). So what other cars will line up with a 420a tranny, I think avenger will but is there anything else.

If you can send us your transmission we can take a look at it. We can do a basic stage 1 build on it if you are interested. Shoot us a pm for more info.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back