The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Transmission Bearing kits..... CHEAP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I ordered their kit. I'll put the real Mits parts up against these and take some good quality pictures. I can already tell by their pictures that the synchros are Chinese. I'm curious if the bearings happen to really be from Japan.

I guess I should have issues sleeping at night ripping so many people off with my huge 5% markup on the real genuine factory parts. Selling at a loss would be the real way to do honest business I guess.

I'd like your opinion on them, you obviously have more experience. I like the sarcasm at the end, made me chuckle :D

I ordered their kit. I'll put the real Mits parts up against these and take some good quality pictures. I can already tell by their pictures that the synchros are Chinese. I'm curious if the bearings happen to really be from Japan.

I guess I should have issues sleeping at night ripping so many people off with my huge 5% markup on the real genuine factory parts. Selling at a loss would be the real way to do honest business I guess.

I hope they aren't Nachi crap. Let's see how it goes. Last time I had to deal with TRANSTAR kits they were usually Koyo or Timken. Some of the other places were using NQK, SKF, NTQ, non-hi-cap KOYO, or Nachi.

They are the same exact part numbers and same brands that oem uses. Therefor they are the same exact parts not after markets.

The only thing I have to say in this entire thread is about your opinion based on the packaging and sealing. The Chinese are good enough at copying, producing, and packaging counterfeits that they are able to funnel them into use in US military aircraft.

Packaged the same, have the same part numbers, look the same...............Not the same.

I only bought the kit for the bearings, I dont have a synchro trans anymore. The synchro's were given to a friend.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
And I said they werent china bearings from the beginning but nobody would listen. So if somebody wants to save a butt load of cash over the other guys here is your source.

Just because they have Japan stamped/burned on them does not mean that they were made in Japan. To have a good copy you have to copy everything, Name, PN, country, etc. The Chinese know that people are not going to buy somethings with their name on it. They are not honest and will put what ever they need to on any items to sell them. They are not concerned as long as they are making money. If your name would sell something they would put it on their products.

Curious what jack found?

I already know what he is going to say. Whether or not they are real they are fake. I'll be the true test this coming season. Sorry but they don't go as far as making perfect fakes when it comes to 20-30$ parts. 2000$ turbos you betcha.

How many weeks did it take to get the parts back from Liberty? ~4 months or so??

The kit came in, but it is not what I ordered. I'm trying to see if they can ship me the rest of the parts.

So far, with a quick look, some of the bearings look to be exactly the same. The print on the races looks slightly different, though. Once I get the order straightened out, I'll take some pics of the stuff.

Not sure what good it will do for me to show the differences between the parts, if any, as the OP seems to thing I'm just going to lie about it anyway. I suppose I have that reputation I guess :rolleyes:

There is 2 different bearings in the kit I forgot to mention and they are for the front diff. I didn't recognize the brand so I bought them straight from mitsu. Other the. That the kit seems to be very legit. A friends just had me pull his trans apart to check a few things and I compared it all. It all seems to be exactly the same. I am not 300% sure this kit is legit but it is in my trans and it will be ran through its paces. Markings may seem different but that can be from manufacturing. Different date of manufacturing or even a different factory. I'm sorry to get mad jack I just wanted some credit for finding something that I believe will help many DIY guys out there. I understand that your cost is your cost. But it's like any business. When you sell 1 specific product you are able to get them at a much lower price. I think we can all agree on this as we see it with many vendors. So again jack I do apologize for blowing up on you, I just didn't like the negativity before anyone else had received the product!

Same as OEM? Don't think so. The China made synchros are of a much inferior and softer material. A competitor of ours uses them and his trannies fail almost immediately. A couple of high RPM shifts and it will start to grind. I still don't know how he is in business.

These Chinese synchros have been a major nightmare for the 3000GT guys too. Some more info here:

Jacks Transmissions LLC — Synchro Types[/

Jack

All synchro rings in my 2G AWD transmission are brass looking. Does it mean they are China copies? Here are some pictures of mushroomed synchro rings with less than 2K miles since the rebuild:
[URL="http://s883.beta.photobucket.com/user/ulitka/library/Transmission_issues"]http://s883.beta.photobucket.com/user/ulitka/library/Transmission_issues

The kit came in, but it is not what I ordered. I'm trying to see if they can ship me the rest of the parts.

So far, with a quick look, some of the bearings look to be exactly the same. The print on the races looks slightly different, though. Once I get the order straightened out, I'll take some pics of the stuff.

Not sure what good it will do for me to show the differences between the parts, if any, as the OP seems to thing I'm just going to lie about it anyway. I suppose I have that reputation I guess :rolleyes:

Do it for the rest of us, so we can see the difference rather than just believing they are different or the same. I for one would like to see the difference, I bet many of us don't have the fund (like me), to just buy copies and extra parts to compare them.

btw, any updates?

thanks

All synchro rings in my 2G AWD transmission are brass looking. Does it mean they are China copies? Here are some pictures of mushroomed synchro rings with less than 2K miles since the rebuild:
Transmission_issues Photos by ulitka | Photobucket

You have to take a pic of the inside of the ring where the friction grooves are located. If they are fine, then it's from Japan. If they are large and have a good amount of spacing between the grooves, then they are Chinese.

I have a major deal I am working out with a major manufacturer right now which will change my life and company. Due to this, it has been taking a lot of my time to get to the bottom of this kit issue. I promise I'll post up details soon. I was supposed to get synchros with this kit but never did. I am trying to exchange this for the kit I paid for.

I have an update if it counts as anything. I did my crush tests and came out with flawless numbers on the bearings. If these were chinese bearings Im sure that kind of quality control would not have been there.

Sorry, guys, I just don't have the time to make a long article for this.

A few things:

1) The website they have sucks and I thought I had ordered synchros with my bearings, but I guess I didn't. I wanted to confirm where these chinese synchros have been coming from, but I guess that is not going to happen.
2) The bearings look good. They appear to be slightly different in how the numbers are stamped on them, which is weird, but I see nothing wrong with them.
3) I was thinking the prices for everything was very good when I thought I was getting synchros with it, once I found I only got bearings, it didn't seem to be very much savings, if any, in total.

I don't see the bearings hurting anything, but some of them definitely seem to be different. I don't believe they will have any issues, though.

A lot of bearings are made in China now. I receive many bearings here direct from Mits that say CHINA on them for the dual clutch transmissions as the units are all made in China now anyway.

So whether we like it or not, we are going to be dealing with parts from China for everything here in the near future. The Chinese bearings used in the GT-R and SST trannies do very well, so the bearing manufacturers seem to be doing OK as far as quality control is concerned for Chinese bearings.

I would like to note, though, that this does not mean that Chinese bearings found on Ebay are all good. I am referring to Chinese bearings the manufacturers use as they are only working with the Chinese company which supplies the best bearings. So if you order something direct from the manufacturer, and it says CHINA, you are most likely OK. If you order something off Ebay, and it says CHINA, I would be very careful.

I am not going to use these bearings I received in this kit to test them as we just don't have the time and need. They fit and look fine, though. The only way to know if they will live is to have them in something for a very long time. I know the bearings direct from Mits work, so it's not worth the possible risk of failure for us to use them in our current builds for very little savings. They are most likely fine, but if they are not, it will be very expensive for us to warranty a bunch of units for failed bearings. For us, it's just not worth it.

I know this really doesn't help anyone, sorry.

Jack

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back