The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

transfer case difference

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talon90awd

Probationary Member
Dec 14, 2004
Mesa, Arizona
im just trying to find out the diferance between the awd transfer cases, i know that there are some with 22(i think) and one with a couple more. so my question is is there one that is better? if you have one and use the other(with matching tranny) can you still use your rear diff? any help would be great. i tryed to search but couldnt find any post, if you know of one that covers this stuff let me know,
thanks

The difference is in the output shaft. I'm pretty sure 90's came with a 22 spline and after that they came with 23 spline output shafts.(Please correct me if I'm wrong. The 23 spline cases are suppost to be stronger. If you want to switch you will need the transfer case and correct front driveshaft to match the spline count.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back