The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G transfer case collar

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rival

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 12, 2004
aiken, South_Carolina
so I was under the car yesterday and noticed that there is what looks like a collar that is around the driveshaft and it is just loose floating there, looks like it has been rubbing on the driveshaft, does this need to be there? or how is it held onto the transfer case. I have tried to search for this but had no luck. thanks.

It's the dust shield that goes onto the tail housing of the tranfer case that keeps debris off of the driveshaft yoke and has come off of the tail of your case. See if you can slide it back onto the rear of the transfer case where it belongs. If you go to google or on eBay and search for a transfer case for a dsm you can see a picture.

I would bet anything that this is what you're looking at. I have to remove mine to use my Frontline Fab transfer case brace. Yes it should slide back on although I have to tap and pry mine off so it may not just slip back on as its a press fit but not to tough.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

id smear some rtv to help hold it on, it wouldnt hurt anyways

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back