The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Trans issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emeracing

Proven Member
Sep 3, 2014
oakhurst, California
So today I pulled up to a stop sign and I had no gears I put it in reverse and was able to go reverse just fine but I thought it was my fluid so dumped 4 quarts of atf +3 in and it took it all which was wiered and a bottle of Lucas trans stop slip and my car felt like it went in to gear but wouldn't move even if I high reved it. And also I hear a plastic gear grind noise coming from the trans to so I need to know if you guys think the trans went or something else

Transmissions hold a ton of oil I have seen some hold double what they are meant to, it could be something on the valve train went thats why you were able to go into reverse, or issue with torque converter, I would check the shifter cables and connection to start with and make sure everything is hooked up right, I wouldnt mess with the insides of one too much auto trannys are like brain surgury to some.

ok so i have full fluid. so if shift to neutral and to drive it catches it moves a few feet then kicks out but soon as i put it in neutral again and drive i can move more feet and it kicks out so im beginning to think its the shift pack. plz guys tell me what you think if im on the right track. and how do i find out if i have trans codes. my reader thats hooks to the ecm data port shows no codes but i bet i have to do it another way and yes my reader will read trans codes if it works off of the data port.

Yep sounds to me like there slipping when a load is placed on them idk how to check the tcm for codes hopefully someone else can chime in

If a piece of the planetary gear set break it wont lock up to allow another gear to engage. Ie the clutches and breaks within the tranny all work together with the planetary gear set.

Attachments

• 1485708518671-1488439477.jpg
    1485708518671-1488439477.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 43
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back