The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Trans feels like it’s not going into 1st

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vdubzr32

Proven Member
Nov 16, 2012
Lake Hopatcong, New_Jersey
For starters I do NOT have a TCU, I’m currently running the obsolete force four DSM shift box. I parked the car and left on deployment. The car drove fine prior and shifted with full force on the force four shift box and kiggly mod.
I have since returned and got the car started. Went to move it by placing the force four selector on 1st gear. It’s hesitant and the turbos spooling faster then it’ll roll forward.
I checked the Ohms on the solenoids I’m getting 21.6 on both solenoids. The valve body was worked on by ITP shift kit solenoid set up, In 2018.

really haven’t driven much due to work and other obligations. Now that i want to get it driving and tested at the track I’m running into this issue. Any ideas where to start looking.

Trans fluid is good checked when reached temp.
Force four powers up not sure if it’s actually shifting thru the gears but i can see what gear I’m suppose to be in.

will shift into Neutral Reverse and Drive.

Is it in Limp mode?

any ideas would help.

Ok I’m updating since no ones has gotten some input. I checked the force four signal to the end of the pigtail and went through the gear selection I’m getting signal via test light. So the force four module shouldn’t be the issue.

Have you tried to manually shift it to add power to the solenoid?

Ok I’m updating since no ones has gotten some input. I checked the force four signal to the end of the pigtail and went through the gear selection I’m getting signal via test light. So the force four module shouldn’t be the

OrangeShift Control Solenoid Valve A
4YellowShift Control Solenoid Valve B

GearSCSV ASCSV B
Solenoid Operation
FourthOffOn
ThirdOffOff
SecondOffOn
FirstOnOn

OrangeShift Control Solenoid Valve A
4YellowShift Control Solenoid Valve B

GearSCSV ASCSV B
Solenoid Operation
FourthOffOn
ThirdOffOff
SecondOffOn
FirstOnOn
First and foremost much appreciated for someone to respond LOL. Yes I did that. I even went as far as rewriting the harness i previously made. When it’s in first fells like something is holding it back. Now if i go switch it to 2nd great or 3rd I’ll move more easily but still sluggish. Reverse no issue right in. Before i use to feel the pressure when shifting hit hard even when i was going from N to first gear, now i don’t feel it go into gear as i did before.

Check your fuses. I think it’s a 10amp. Might have shorted during the wiring process. Transmission will skip first when it’s blown.
Not running a TCU everything is direct to the force four box.

First and foremost much appreciated for someone to respond LOL. Yes I did that. I even went as far as rewriting the harness i previously made. When it’s in first fells like something is holding it back. Now if i go switch it to 2nd great or 3rd I’ll move more easily but still sluggish. Reverse no issue right in. Before i use to feel the pressure when shifting hit hard even when i was going from N to first gear, now i don’t feel it go into gear as i did before.
I’m not an automatic guru but I’m sharing what I know based on helping my friend who has an auto. At this point if you checked if it makes the shifts And all gears go in but feel “lazy” i would look in to valve body . I wonder if There is a way to find out with pressure testing

if i was you that’s what I would do

I’m not an automatic guru but I’m sharing what I know based on helping my friend who has an auto. At this point if you checked if it makes the shifts And all gears go in but feel “lazy” i would look in to valve body . I wonder if There is a way to find out with pressure testing

if i was you that’s what I would do

yes feels”lazy”, well that’s a good direction ITP did the valve body in 2018. But shit does go bad from one night to the next, Ima drop the valve body and call up john. Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back