The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Trans cooler questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m1nd64m3

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 17, 2003
chitown area, Illinois
Im about to do a fmic install on my car so I am going to put a trans cooler in the passenger side duct while I am at it. I will be using a either 5 or 7x11 cooler(dont remember width). Is that a good size for a trans cooler? What is the size of the lines I should use and how should I set them up?

stop. go no further. contact John at IPT . He has a complete cooler kit, perfect for what you're doing...get #4588 includes all hoses, hardware,etc. scroll to the bottom of the page...

Long Tru- Cool LPD Transmission Cooler- 19,000 GVW (4588)

Geezus_Aach said:
stop. go no further. contact John at IPT . He has a complete cooler kit, perfect for what you're doing...get #4588 includes all hoses, hardware,etc. scroll to the bottom of the page...

Long Tru- Cool LPD Transmission Cooler- 19,000 GVW (4588)

Here is what that kit looks like installed, in the Stock SMIC location of a 1g. It should fit on the drivers side for a 2g.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I just bough that ipt tranny cooler just wondering if anyone is using it on a 2g and where they mounted it and if it was a pain in teh ass to do

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back