The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Trans Cooler Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95GreenGSX

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 14, 2006
Chicago, Illinois
So, I recently got a trans cooler from IPT. It says the flow has to go a certain direction, is this true? Or can I just put in the trans cooler any way? Also, how do I know what direction the trans fluid flow is coming from? Thanks

Here is the kit. Its 19,000 GVW

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The fluid can run either way through the cooler. I've got the same cooler, I looked in my instuctions and it said it didn't matter which direction the flow went. One thing I would make sure you do is run it in series with your stock cooler ipt and your instuctions recommend this. To tell which way the coolant is flowing, pull both lines off your stock cooler, start the car, put it in netural( with the parking brake on) and look at the hoses, the hose with the fluid coming out of it is the supply the other is the return.

You want to keep the cooler's inlet & outlet parallel to the ground... That way you won't be trapping air bubbles at the top of the cooler.

The fitting that is closest to the firewall on the tranny is the return line.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back