The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

trans/clutch issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonkeyDickSmoka

Probationary Member
Oct 24, 2006
Brighton, Michigan
I have a recently installed (about 5-7000miles) TRE stage 2 transmission, with an exedy 3puck, new master/slave/SS lines. all of a sudden it stopped going into gear...like i had no clutch. I got the car towed to my house and once it got there i started it and it went into gear smooth, i drove it around the block and once it heats up i have no clutch... since then I have bled the clutch and also added a 1/4inch longer slave cylinder rod...no luck with either, my clutch engagement came off the floor a bit more but once it heats up it just doesnt work. I'm extremely confused... everything is brand new. im out of ideas hopefully someone can help

it wont go at all?.. i had a problem with mine going into gear it was hard to get into gear..but not going at all... many something wrong with hose? blocked up... im not sure

I installed it with one of my friends who is a Mitsubishi technician, i have played with the pedal adjustment which is actually adjusted as far out as it will go and i am still having problems. i just dont understand how it can be fine when the car is cold but as soon as it warms up it acts up. this sounds like a clutch problem right? not a transmission problem? I will also try to see if anything is leaking onto or around the bellhousing which i dont think is the case but who knows... again thanks for any help

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back