The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Tranny problems (diff. or driveshaft)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonster

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 9, 2005
Carmel, Indiana
Alright here is the issue, cruising along on michigan avenue in 5th gear, get to a stop light, turn the corner start accelerating smoothly, get it into 5th gear left of the gas then BAM! something blows in the tranny, I coast into a near by neighborhood, i try to pull away in first gear it does not grab but then it will, like it skips and sometimes pop me backwards.....not sure what the issue is, the car is sitting in AAMCO transmission parking lot because thats where my step dad told the tow truck company to put it....but they are not working on it what so ever, until i say its ok because its my money, so if its the driveshaft i want to upgrade it now same with the axles, driveshaftshop.com does not sell anything yet for FWD...just give some answers or opinions

Thanks,

Tony

by driveshaft u mean axle or half shaft right? it's not ur shafts... even with a messed up shaft u can get it in gear, u can drive on messed up shafts, sounds like it's time for atranny rebuild. i've dealt with 2 messed up axles this week, a completely broke in half on a friends car and my own where the boot torn in half and bearings came out... and we could drive on both those, almost 100% not ur axles

good luck
BUN

no no your not understanding, i can put it in gear but it vibrates the hole car, literally shaking it violently, i was afraid to move it a few feet thats how bad it was :cry: .....did not see any tranny fluid for the time i was able to look..

my bad, yea i think its the differential....i plan on buying a upgraded tranny if it involves a rebuild...

o ok, yeah mine was bad as hell too, i ripped a boot, and a bearin fell out, get down under there and check ur boots.. my boy broke his axle and u could literally see the wheel lean in, but yeah check ur boot, mine made a clickin noise on turns and steerin wheel vibrated like it was the hand of god on it...

hope that helps... get under there and feel....
BUN

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back